What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I 100$ agree on the emblem. I painted my grille black as well and ordered a white toyota emblem. It looks so freakin' good!

Before and after pics...

20200510_132044.jpg

20200804_195327.jpg

Amazing looking rig. I dream of an ARB someday

Thanks for the kind words! It is definitely a work in progress. The ARB was on it when I bought it but no winch. It looked so bare without the winch so I had to put one in. There is still something to be said about the look of the stock bumper like your rig. I think all of or 60's look good. They are just a good looking trucks in my humble opinion! Happy modding👍

Finally...FINALLY upgraded the suspension on my old girl. Went with the Dobinson’s kit and their IMS shocks. I ordered medium up front and heavies in the rear, but removed a leaf from the rear packs. I just wanted to have the AAL on hand if I decided to add a rear bumper and long range tank in the not-so-distant future. Did tie rod/relay rod ends while I had everything off. Anyway, the ride is remarkably better, I just wish I was 5’10” and not 5’7”, haha. Pre/post measurements reveal the 50mm (2”) lift yielded almost 125mm (5”) but I’m not complaining. The sliiiightest stink bug, but I imagine it’ll settle out beautifully. Anyway, here’s the photos.

Before:
F430A545-44D7-45D5-BE41-E2A22D5E7902.jpeg

After:
2F8173D0-3F0D-4B72-B05F-8CF8AB252263.jpeg

Now to decide what to do about 30” tires that look like donuts. Can’t wait to get it out on some trails this summer and bring it to SAS#5 unless I decide to bring my ‘84 Tercel 4x4 Wagon. We’ll see.

Finally...FINALLY upgraded the suspension on my old girl. Went with the Dobinson’s kit and their IMS shocks. I ordered medium up front and heavies in the rear, but removed a leaf from the rear packs. I just wanted to have the AAL on hand if I decided to add a rear bumper and long range tank in the not-so-distant future. Did tie rod/relay rod ends while I had everything off. Anyway, the ride is remarkably better, I just wish I was 5’10” and not 5’7”, haha. Pre/post measurements reveal the 50mm (2”) lift yielded almost 125mm (5”) but I’m not complaining. The sliiiightest stink bug, but I imagine it’ll settle out beautifully. Anyway, here’s the photos.

Before:View attachment 2593567

After:
View attachment 2593570

Now to decide what to do about 30” tires that look like donuts. Can’t wait to get it out on some trails this summer and bring it to SAS#5 unless I decide to bring my ‘84 Tercel 4x4 Wagon. We’ll see.
Nice...im surprised it lifted it 5". I want to go with Dobinson as well. I read a full review of them on the forum. Im 5'7" as well but I want just a 2" height raise. It looks good and doesnt appear to look like a stinkbug. What size tire? I have 31x 10.5.

Nice...im surprised it lifted it 5". I want to go with Dobinson as well. I read a full review of them on the forum. Im 5'7" as well but I want just a 2" height raise. It looks good and doesnt appear to look like a stinkbug. What size tire? I have 31x 10.5.
I’m on 30x9.5 KO2s. I think the height is really due to my (formerly) flat springs. No real issues hopping in as a vertically-challenged dude, but I’m sure I’ll end up adding some sliders “for the girlfriend”, haha. The Dobinsons kit was quality front to back. Got mine from @crikeymike.

how did the idle screw work out ?

solve that particular issue ?

A little stinkbug never hurt - 70-Series Land Cruiser wheels with BFG LT235/85R16 ATs and OME heavy/medium lift.

View attachment 2593761
Why did you decide on heavy-medium? Is the Med in front? Im in process of choosing...leaning towards Med-Med or #4s in front + rear.

A little stinkbug means you’re ready to load up the back and hit the road! Here’s my slight stinkbug unloaded vs trip mode. OME CS004 front and back with an extra leaf in the rear on 33s.

View attachment 2593764

View attachment 2593765
So this is actually 4s in front 5s in th rear right? Im 98% on OMEs...and thinking 4s+4s front + rear.... Hows the 4-5 set up feel?

It worked out perfectly! Thank you so much for looking out. The issue was a dirty gas tank.

glad to help

ALWAYS RUN THIS FILTER BEFORE your Mechanical pump always ..nothing else matters you will always get home

of course carry a spare too

see its the biggest carburetor final update filter Toyota had made to date , more media , more transparent plastic to see trash caught , and large volume in size ...

its simply BLISS ......

1614084397131.png

glad to help

ALWAYS RUN THIS FILTER BEFORE your Mechanical pump always ..nothing else matters you will always get home

of course carry a spare too

see its the biggest carburetor final update filter Toyota had made to date , more media , more transparent plastic to see trash caught , and large volume in size ...

its simply BLISS ......

View attachment 2593851
Yes sir...that is one im running. Thanks again

Why did you decide on heavy-medium? Is the Med in front? Im in process of choosing...leaning towards Med-Med or #4s in front + rear.
Heavy in front, medium in rear, which seems backwards from the photo. The photo was taken with the stock front bumper, before I installed the Warn 8274-50 winch and Warn bumper. And it was just after I installed the suspension, before any load at all in the rear or time to settle. It's parked in the driveway right now, hibernating until they quit sanding/salting the roads for the winter. I can post a new photo in a few weeks.

Damn straight! Man, they look so good with 33s stuffed under them.
Get the 33s! I do wish they were 9.5 wide rather than 10.5. I can feel the slightest movement in the tire wall. If we had 16” rims we could go with a 33x9.5 and the world would go back to normal over night.

Heavy in front, medium in rear, which seems backwards from the photo. The photo was taken with the stock front bumper, before I installed the Warn 8274-50 winch and Warn bumper. And it was just after I installed the suspension, before any load at all in the rear or time to settle. It's parked in the driveway right now, hibernating until they quit sanding/salting the roads for the winter. I can post a new photo in a few weeks.
Gotchya... Hows it ride? Not really sur what im expectin ppl to say lolol...just wonderin if itll be worth the $$$ thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

• BC40
Back
Top Bottom