What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going with rust repairs around the back seat support where it welds through the rear wheel well. Ugly job but got it all patched up - forever this time! But I am sound deadening the truck to reduce low range gear noise. Got tired of it after these long trips. The Noico 120 ml I got from amazon, it’s significantly thicker than the competitors and much better value than high priced name brand stuff. This took about 12 hrs to do. It’s painstaking, and I’m glad it wasn’t hotter out. This stuff gets sticky fast! BTW, I had only 2 sheets left from two boxes to do just what you see. The back of a 60 is about 56 sq feet. But more because of all the deformation.

67E5E959-B0E6-4125-AC45-C82882EA0030.jpeg
858729EC-100D-4A93-9494-2E92973CC59F.jpeg
56EE2471-64D8-4885-AFDB-7CE210E39A21.jpeg

I wanted to find this too. Noico is a huge company providing sound deadener for the entire industry of everyone by the looks. But here is a link to them, but these articles are invaluable to helping understand the whole process and how to understand it.

Last edited:
^^^ How hard was it to install? Someone here suggested a tennis ball to get into the crevices.
That thing looks great BTW. @cruiserpilot

I actually used a 45 angle cold chisel with the tip ground flat so it was about 1/16”. This allowed mass to press the hard to reach edges and it slid along the foil without damaging it. You absolutely need the foil tape for the seams, as much to reduce mess as repair edges. But I used the steel Noico roller, the thinner one 98% of the time. The wide roller was almost too difficult to attain download pressure to make good adhesion

@BlackCat
Given the condition of the filter you replaced, run a tank or two of fuel then replace the fuel filter again. Likely a lot of debris still in the system if that's how it was cared for.
I’m going to change them much more frequently than whoever had it before. Weird thing is the truck has been extremely well taken care of by the monstrous maintenance book of recieptsI have. It sat for the better part of 2 years before I bought it, and only has a few thousand miles on the new fuel tank/recall. I didn’t have any driveability issues or anything, just changed it because it looked like it looked.

round 2 of light bar for lighting up the tailgate while camping.

(first round I used self adhesive strip light and just attached it right to the metal part of the upper tailgate - but over time the 2 sided tape didn't hold so well - and having it stuck to the metal part of the upper tailgate blocked access to those removable service panels

Bought a strip of superbright LED - and some nice aluminum track for the strip to sit in (this helps protect the lights from inadvertent cargo moving) and then a plastic trim cover to finish it up.

need the aluminum strip to clear the hump that is the wiper motor - so I used a few steel spacer bushings to act as standoffs.

I doubled up on the heatshrink right where the red/black wires connect to the light strip. the kit comes with a very long chunk of wire, pre-soldered onto the light strip - but with a pretty thick (too thick) white outer insulation jacket - so I stripped that off and then twisted the wires up nice and tight and shrink wrapped the whole kit so I could slide it through a hole in the panel - also protected with a rubber grommet in the hole to prevent abrasion.

I got power to the switch by tapping into the cargo area light switch - pretty handy since that's already continuous power - so i tapped into that - routed wire through the rubber tube at top left that brings power to the rear defrost and then used a fish tape to get it up to the panel shown with the LED push button switch. once I got power there the rest was easy.

happy with finished product so far. puts out about 670 lumens

33/12.5/15
15x8 -12 (4” backspace)

If I go this route I’ll probably do 33/10.5 to keep the more classic look.

Please share the vendor of the wheels!
Will look prefect with the 33x10,5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom