What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you like your rear sliding windows? I'd like to put some in my 60, but with no seats back there I dont know how often they would get used. I'm worried it would be a lot of work & expense for a real small benefit.
They were installed by the previous owner. Having many 80s over the years I have become use to them. Comes in handy if you have a lot of stuff in the back and need access to certain things without having to rearrange things while camping.

Drove down to the border after breakfast, was home before lunch!

7A905693-1977-4D96-A216-A2932070F6CD.jpeg

43CADDE3-5590-4AE1-94C7-EBB5CEDF25FE.jpeg

Reinstalled my old air bag setup from before the Tough Dog suspension. It was already getting heavy in the back with all the junk I keep in there, and the new bumper was the last straw. It doesn't look like a lowrider any more! Hopefully it rides as nice or better and doesn't wallow as much in corners. I'll find out when we get some rain to wash away all the salt they have been pouring on the roads the past few days.
20190209_121833.jpg
20190209_121659.jpg

Today:
Changed the u-joints in the front driveshaft and got it and the rear installed.
Replaced all the plugs his hex style and Filled the Trans and Transfer case (no leaks so far!!).
Fed the breather hose up to the firwall on the passanger side (still cannot find my breather cap)
Installed the o2 bung into the exhaust, checked for leaks and plugged it so it is ready for the AFI install.
Fixed the exhaust heater probe (the one in the cat) to work with my cat.
Spent an hour hunting down various parts in my bins
Drilled and re-tapped 3 of the 5 bold holes for the skid plate and then decided I needed a break.

Looks like I will finish the other 2 tomorrow along with a test drive of the 5-speed and then start installing the fuel Injection.

Reinstalled my old air bag setup from before the Tough Dog suspension. It was already getting heavy in the back with all the junk I keep in there, and the new bumper was the last straw. It doesn't look like a lowrider any more! Hopefully it rides as nice or better and doesn't wallow as much in corners. I'll find out when we get some rain to wash away all the salt they have been pouring on the roads the past few days. View attachment 1900920View attachment 1900921
Details on the bags? It seems like a good alternative to my saggy bottom while I save my pennies for a lift!

Finished up the 3rd gen wiper mod after 6 months. The little stuff adds up, used arms, new pivot covers, blades, and nut caps was over $100. Also cleaned the blower motor out and found all these pine needles, which is weird because the truck has been in AZ since 2004. I guess they’ve been in there since it lived in California.

A49A2DE4-BE5B-4A01-BEC5-9913C45DDD4B.jpeg

B843B1DE-327E-4895-BAA1-7E0A72D1E760.jpeg

Details on the bags? It seems like a good alternative to my saggy bottom while I save my pennies for a lift!
These are the bags. The top mounts to a piece of 2x2 square tube with that I cut to match the contour of the frame and welded on. The brackets below are what mounted to the bottom of the bags, the bolt went under the stock leaf spring. I made new taller ones that you can see in my original picture. I'm not sure I have any photos from the original installation. I was very happy with them on the stock springs. The Boss system that Slocruiser sells which mounts over the axle is better, but it also costs more.
Screenshot_20190209-183821_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190209-184000_Chrome.jpg
20190209_184446.jpg

These are the bags. The top mounts to a piece of 2x2 square tube with that I cut to match the contour of the frame and welded on. The brackets below are what mounted to the bottom of the bags, the bolt went under the stock leaf spring. I made new taller ones that you can see in my original picture. I'm not sure I have any photos from the original installation. I was very happy with them on the stock springs. The Boss system that Slocruiser sells which mounts over the axle is better, but it also costs more. View attachment 1901156View attachment 1901157View attachment 1901161
Nice, thanks! I saw the slo cruiser kit which is $350. I may just end up with their out of the box kit.

You did the IFS hub conversion but you’re still using the 60 style rotor behind the hub flange, instead of the Tundra style rotor that fits over the wheel studs.

These are 80 rotors. I had to take a bunch of material off the back of the hub for them to work

Last edited:
Nice, thanks! I saw the slo cruiser kit which is $350. I may just end up with their out of the box kit.
Yeah, that's the way to go. Zero fab required and a better end product, that you can also use down the road with lift springs. Adjustability is great, you don't need to run such heavy springs if you don't need them.

Installing Delta's panhard lift bracket this weekend...

Last edited:
I love your interior upgrade! Where are the seat covers and door cards from?
Thanks, done by my upholstery guy. Not a kit, just bought the fabric. He did the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom