What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went for a drive in the desert with a few other folks
Steelbender.jpg

Looks like your aftermarket bumper is about to earn it's keep on that one.

Luckily there was enough of a roll on the top that it wasn't more than a slow "scrape". No way around except to bug out a 1/2 mile back.
I think that the bigger ledge above would have taken it off as it was a couple of feet taller and a little undercut. Thank fully the alternate was doable.
Big ledge on left, alternate line on right.
Steelbender big ledge.jpg

I had these lights given to me and wasn't sure how to mount them on my pristine (Ha!) front bumper, it is bent down pretty good from PO. Since I'm driving it to the Lonestar Toyota Jamboree next week I thought it might be nice to have some extra lighting.
Bent some scrap 1" tube and mounted it to the lower holes in the frame rails. Two 3/8" lower mounts and two 3/16 X 1.5" strap on the top. Very sturdy mount and completely removable with minimal effort.

View attachment 1687141

View attachment 1687143

View attachment 1687144

View attachment 1687145

Also made a wheel step as 35" tires make changing sparkplugs on the V8 a little out of reach.
View attachment 1687148
I saw your 60 next to mine at Jamboree this weekend. Liked the light bar mount! Sharp looking Truck.

I saw your 60 next to mine at Jamboree this weekend. Liked the light bar mount! Sharp looking Truck.

Thanks man. It was busy between rain showers and difficult to catch people with their Cruisers. White 60 correct?

Went fishing, well kind of, mostly rocky as hell horrible off road track down to a nice quiet little cove. Took us twice as long as planned and had to turn around fairly quickly to make mothers day lunch festivities
IMG_20180513_102544.jpg
IMG_20180513_121448.jpg

Where'd you go fishing? Always looking for roads to explore in the FJ60.
Burro wash, not sure I would recommend it, the road was 2 hours of rocky torture on the way in and out! Maybe I'm just getting old. I envied the kids on the dirt bikes who flew by me for both their speed and youth:cool:

Finished installing the new U-joints I purchased from Cruiser Outfitters on the front and rear driveshafts for my '86 FJ60 project vehicle. Touched up the paint where it was messed up by the vice jaws/shop press bed plates. Started to research how the heck to grease the zerk fittings. I searched Amazon and looked at different products, along with reviews. I decided to go with the Lincoln Lubrication 5803 grease needle nozzle, which got very good reviews. I ordered two, they will get here Tuesday. In the meantime I can finish prepping and painting the front sheet metal engine under covers and finish painting the rear lift gate.

Lincoln | Hand-Held Lubrication & Accessories | Grease Gun Accessories | Needle Nozzles

I'll post my experience with this tool later in the week.

Last edited:
Finished installing the new U-joints I purchased from Cruiser Outfitters on the front and rear driveshafts for my '86 FJ60 project vehicle. Touched up the paint where it was messed up by the vice jaws/shop press bed plates. Started to research how the heck to grease the zerk fittings. I searched Amazon and looked at different products, along with reviews. I decided to go with the Lincoln Lubrication 5803 grease needle nozzle, which got very good reviews. I ordered two, they will get here Tuesday. In the meantime I can finish prepping and painting the front sheet metal engine under covers and finish painting the rear lift gate.

Lincoln | Hand-Held Lubrication & Accessories | Grease Gun Accessories | Needle Nozzles

I'll post my experience with this tool later in the week.
Stopped by O'Reilly this morning while running errands and discovered they had the Lincoln grease needle nozzle in stock, so I picked one up. Got home and proceeded to grease the zerk fittings in the U-joints. The tool works extremely well, not much if any grease leaks from the tip. I'll put the driveshafts together later today and use the standard grease gun tip on the slip joint zerk fittings. After I bolt up the driveshafts I'll be another step closer to getting the '86 running. My youngest son will be staying with us tomorrow night and I'll have him help me bleed the brakes.

Last edited:
Finally got the intake/exhaust back together after doing a new manifold gasket. Carb is bolted back up and I had time to fire it up and let it run for a few minutes.

Smoked like crazy, but it tapered off. Pretty sure that was the high-temp paint + antisieze doing its burning-in. It ran with the choke for a few moments, then I turned the choke off and it idled fairly well. Just need to go back in and readjust the timing & carb now that I have (hopefully) eliminated the intake leaks.

I did find what I think is an exhaust leak right where the downpipe bolts to the exhaust manifold. Sigh.
reassembled.jpg

If you see anything hooked up incorrectly, feel free to point it out......

Went up an ATV trail to one of my favourite little lakes, then drove up to Cape Scott for a walk on the beach. 3 days -- torture tested the new suspension, checked the range of the new fuel tank, ate dust, spat dust, hate dust, paradise of the dashboard view.
Recaro bucket seats - most comfortable I've ever been in any vehicle ever.

P1000953.JPG
P1000963.JPG
P1000965.JPG
P1000981.JPG

P1010074.JPG

^^^one of the most beautiful places in the island.....

Got my FE’s installed. Had these in the works just before the Wit’s End jobbers showed up on the site. Still may consider them after “beta testing”. Definitely need one of the refuse containment systems from @NLXTACY for sure! (And some other stuff...)

07D2C80D-6B59-47D9-A052-907ED22B4750.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom