What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got out and took some better photos of my sliders my buddy made me. Really like how they came out! The color is growing on me.
20200407-_DSC0692.JPG

20200407-_DSC0690.JPG

20200407-_DSC0696.JPG

Bumper light upgrade last night. Need to get some better pictures but I am really impressed with these Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro flush mount pods. SAE and DOT compliant so not blinding people. The optics on these are night and day better then the Amazon lights that were in the bumper.

20200404_145231.jpg
20200407_171515.jpg

@cosport everything I see your rig it makes me want to get the Rok rack. Do you know if they'll have any sales again? Missed the deal in December.

@cosport everything I see your rig it makes me want to get the Rok rack. Do you know if they'll have any sales again? Missed the deal in December.
At this time I cannot say. They are a small 2 employee shop and their ability to work is very limited right now. Hopefully after everything gets back to normal there will be something.

Bumper light upgrade last night. Need to get some better pictures but I am really impressed with these Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro flush mount pods. SAE and DOT compliant so not blinding people. The optics on these are night and day better then the Amazon lights that were in the bumper.

View attachment 2264929View attachment 2264930

How are those or any of the flush mount lights aimed? I'm assuming that they are going to be bolted down using just the four fasteners on the face of it.

How are those or any of the flush mount lights aimed? I'm assuming that they are going to be bolted down using just the four fasteners on the face of it.
They are aimed based on the plane of what you are attaching them too. In my case slightly down and out. A flush mount light has limited applications. With these being DOT and SAE compliant they have a great cutoff to keep from blinding oncoming traffic in my application.

They are aimed based on the plane of what you are attaching them too. In my case slightly down and out. A flush mount light has limited applications. With these being DOT and SAE compliant they have a great cutoff to keep from blinding oncoming traffic in my application.

Yeah no doubt I would have gone with the DD SS3s had there been more reviews of them at the time I bought Rigids for my trucks. I suppose if someone needed to aim them downward slightly a pair of washers at the top two bolts would work.

I love that bumper by the way. Are they still being produced?

Yeah no doubt I would have gone with the DD SS3s had there been more reviews of them at the time I bought Rigids for my trucks. I suppose if someone needed to aim them downward slightly a pair of washers at the top two bolts would work.

I love that bumper by the way. Are they still being produced?
Good call on the washers. That would help too. On the bumper, Hefty will build it but you have to call in and put a deposit down for it to be produced.

Last edited:
Looks good, kickouts are a bit "out there" though.

Yeah its def a personal taste. I have pretty aggressive kick-outs on my 1st gen taco and really like them. Probably gonna get him to make some dimple plates for the top so I can utilize them for more of a step for getting things off the top rack when I eventually get that.

I built up a cargo base and sleeping platform over the past few days. It's made of 3/4" plywood and bolts down to the existing tie down locations. With the tie downs removed I cut up some of the scrap 3/4" plywood and they fit into the recesses to support the mounting locations. The 2nd row is still fully usable with the right side able to fully recline. The storage under the platform can fit four Frontrunner cub packs, two wolf packs, or a combination of two cubs and one wolf, but I am still undecided on what to use.

Next up is to make a hinged flip up wing for the left side and decide on what to do for the right side next to the fridge.

IMG_20200408_165838.jpg

IMG_20200408_164533.jpg

IMG_20200408_165704.jpg

IMG_20200407_143644.jpg

I built up a cargo base and sleeping platform over the past few days. It's made of 3/4" plywood and bolts down to the existing tie down locations. With the tie downs removed I cut up some of the scrap 3/4" plywood and they fit into the recesses to support the mounting locations. The 2nd row is still fully usable with the right side able to fully recline. The storage under the platform can fit four Frontrunner cub packs, two wolf packs, or a combination of two cubs and one wolf, but I am still undecided on what to use.

Next up is to make a hinged flip up wing for the left side and decide on what to do for the right side next to the fridge.

I love the simplicity of this setup! Easy, affordable and functional while still retaining the back seats, very nice!

View attachment 2265547

View attachment 2265548

View attachment 2265550

View attachment 2265552
Turned out great!

I wish my fridge (ARB Elements) was a bit taller and narrower. I really like it, but it takes up a lit of space and cuts into my sleep platform a bit.

Had the dreaded bonded piston seal failure in the rear ARB. It’s a known issue in some fairly recent serial numbers. I installed mine new in Dec. 2018. It only lasted a year but the good news is the redesigned seal is much better, just fyi. I pulled the third and drove it to up to Slee to do the repair.

A5938F7A-60DA-4B1D-9E26-F21C191C01CC.jpeg

Replaced the motor in the driver door actuator. Driver door lock has been intermittently not working. Decided to replace the little motor inside for $5. OEM door actuator is ~$200 or an Aisin one from Rockauto is about ~$105.

This is the motor I purchased. Seller has multiple listings and is on Amazon as well. 4 x 10mm FLAT D SHAFT FC-280PC-22125 Car Door Lock Motors New Repair For Mabuchi | eBay

Pretty straightforward. This video help explains how to do it. I just pried open the case on that corner and was able to pop out the motor and pop in the new one. Bottom motor is the new one.

IMG_20200409_204133.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom