What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It might. Not sure if anything is in the the way or not. I had the factory hitch. I didn't like how it hung below the bumper a lot as I drug it in rocks in Moab. The Hefty hitch is high clearance and almost parallel to the bottom of the bumper. Note this bumper is tight to the bottom of the rear crossmember adding to the clearance.
is this a new offering by Hefty or just something they don't list on their site. did they mention a $?

is this a new offering by Hefty or just something they don't list on their site. did they mention a $?
This is the 2nd one of these bumpers made, with a few revisions/updates. Last one was done about 4yrs ago. A few swingout versions were built in between that first one and this one. They are one offs so you need to call them for lead times and current pricing. These get built in between line runs. I want to say I put my deposit down in September.

They don't list them on the site and they have to be built one off so lead times vary. But I am stoked with the way it came out and bonus.... it's AL so I added only about 50lbs to the rear including their high clearance hitch. Hitch portion is steel.
That's über sweet! Is their hitch rated/tested?
as tight as that looks does it basically just wrap the rear frame member? Any mods to the frame member for the hitch? It looks great!

Last edited:
Rear bumper looks really nice. The lines flow with the factory caps very well.
@cosport
How does the Al radiusing match with the factory corners? It's hard to tell from the lighting.... Could you do a near straight down shot showing the plastic bumper cover to the HF Al? 🤘👍

That's über sweet! Is their hitch rated/tested?
as tight as that looks does it basically just wrap the rear frame member? Any mods to the frame member for the hitch? It looks great!
Their design is built stronger then the OEM hitch that you can buy for the rear cross member. It holds the same pull rating at OEM though because of the attachment location. No modifications to the crossmember.

@cosport
How does the Al radiusing match with the factory corners? It's hard to tell from the lighting.... Could you do a near straight down shot showing the plastic bumper cover to the HF Al? 🤘👍
They really don't match. The radius corners are more so tied to the front radius corners on their front bumper so the bumper designs match. That being said it looks nicely matched from a lot of angles. I like it though because the bumper sticks out further to protect the plastic bits from carts at the mall. 🤣
20200117_063905.jpg
20200117_063917.jpg

Their design is built stronger then the OEM hitch that you can buy for the rear cross member. It holds the same pull rating at OEM though because of the attachment location. No modifications to the crossmember.
Kewl, so the bumper.moints up to the frame where the OE hitch does, and the rear cross member?
The pintle hitch (AFAIK) doesn't carry the full 6500# as the tube hitch, but if this bumper's steel hitch framing mounts on the frame where the tube hitch does (and more) then that makes sense it'd carry full hitch rating with the badass bonus of being lower profile than the pintle hitch. 🤘🤘

What's the co$t on this bumper?
Sounds Iike steel framing and Al skin...?

They really don't match. The radius corners are more so tied to the front radius corners on their front bumper so the bumper designs match. That being said it looks nicely matched from a lot of angles. I like it though because the bumper sticks out further to protect the plastic bits from carts at the mall. 🤣
View attachment 2185318View attachment 2185319
Oh yeah, that's a good design 🤘👍

View attachment 2185318View attachment 2185319
Well hell, can you show the front bumper too? 😉

Kewl, so the bumper.moints up to the frame where the OE hitch does, and the rear cross member?
The pintle hitch (AFAIK) doesn't carry the full 6500# as the tube hitch, but if this bumper's steel hitch framing mounts on the frame where the tube hitch does (and more) then that makes sense it'd carry full hitch rating with the badass bonus of being lower profile than the pintle hitch. 🤘🤘

Only steel is the hitch itself connected with the 6 bolts in the center of the crossmember. Bumper is all AL and connects as well with the 4 bolts on the crossmember and the factory hitch points on the frame rails. The hitch only rated for what OEM specs are on that center section mount. Not a full hitch that is attached to the frame rails as well.

Only steel is the hitch itself connected with the 6 bolts in the center of the crossmember. Bumper is all AL and connects as well with the 4 bolts on the crossmember and the factory hitch points on the frame rails. The hitch only rated for what OEM specs are on that center section mount. Not a full hitch that is attached to the frame rails as well.
Ah, gotcha...
So, the 3000ish# pintle rating vs the 6500# tubular hitch rating, but way tighter than the pintle geometry.
Rad. Thanks for that clarification. 👍

You would have to reach out to Heftyfabworks for current pricing and lead time. Since these are done as one offs in between batch runs of his main products lead times can vary. My starting price was $2395.00

Damn dude! Those are some great looking weld seams considering it's an aluminum bumper.

It doesn't look wavy on the radius at all. Nice craftsmanship!

I said I would never do this but with the 10.5 width I couldn't resist getting 35's.

I put on 35x10.5x17 Kenda Klevers today and so far I really like them. Tomorrow they'll see snow. I'm interested to see how they do compared to my KO2's.

I already had a body mount chop, folded pinch welds, JBA UCA's and 4.10 gears so they went right on without any work.

On a different note, my JW tire carrier has been going strong with a 33" on it so now, it will get a bit more of a challenge.

20200117_164430.jpg

20200117_164501.jpg

20200117_164453.jpg

You’re going to love them

Started moving things over from the Jeep.

Quickly realizing I need to build some storage in the back. Can wait for the new radio and speakers to be delivered tomorrow so I can start that project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom