What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cottonwood and Marble canyons today. Epic. The geology and rocks are really the stars of the show even though again today, top gun planes practicing up above all day prolly out of either Nellis or China Lake

E2C02778-7326-4040-8729-8B3326ADDE36.jpeg

98A45895-6699-4874-A177-265A780BD43A.jpeg

2FF6163F-8117-4598-A374-21804890FDA0.jpeg

12FB7B40-A3C0-40E3-966B-A414976CBD2D.jpeg

Got some cooper discoverer at3 4s tires in 265/70/17 installed, and dropped the gx off at ACC Garage to get a lift installed. ended up going with icon stage 2.

will have pictures on monday or tuesday after picking it up.

Tucki Mine today. Maybe favorite one yet here. History of the mine is crazy as is the location. Made some elevation today-5000’ and there was snow in Death Valley! Again saw the top gun planes and amazingly got a shot of them WITH the gx in it lol. If you zoom in on the hillside shot there are two in the clouds you can clearly see. Hiked to a natural arch and saw a kangaroo rat too can’t recommend this place enough
C6046769-5F77-40EA-8023-12A81C19F6DF.jpeg
0B338751-7A5B-49F4-A31A-18477E85D579.jpeg
107ABEBE-78AA-459D-AEE1-853B0B8E8644.jpeg
6EF80FC8-A035-4E8B-9B9E-B00BBF2848C3.jpeg

Installed a Redarc brake controller today. The process wasn’t hard, other than popping off a tab for the wood trim next to the steering wheel :confused:

C46FDC36-F8B1-4AD4-909E-5715D9D9CA1D.jpeg

Did Furnace, Kunze, & Greenwater as well as Echo Canyon yesterday. Echo canyon has a series of dry waterfalls that was hairy as could be. Took me at least 4 attempts with the wife (attempting) to spot me. It was not a turnaround and go back spot. I ended up making it unscathed but it sure woke me up. Took some two-footed pedal work And took my tires down to under 20 psi. the photo doesn’t do it justice as usual. Ended the day fueling up at a brothel in the middle of nowhere. NOT intentionally!
305582CC-400F-4543-BF00-EA290F056394.jpeg

I have only done the rear does the t case and tranny need it?
From my understanding (research from here), the trans and tcase connect and go up into the firewall. The front diff is pretty far up in the engine compartment.

From my understanding (research from here), the trans and tcase connect and go up into the firewall. The front diff is pretty far up in the engine compartment.
Ok that’s what I understood as well to me they are high enough. 🤷‍♂️

Back in December I got stuck in my own driveway and had to use my traction devices. I don’t remember the exact motivation behind the brand I bought but I got the USAction Trax from the toytec store in Denver. They both cracked the first time
I used them. Which sucked. But I wrote an email yesterday and today got an email from UPS with a tracking number. Super nice about it, only asked for these two pictures and nothing else. I think maybe they changed the formula of their plastic since I bought. Guy said I must’ve gotten a “bad batch”. Either way I did get unstuck and now have a new pair on the way. I’m fine with it.
FC207794-044A-4D96-9DDB-F5B7F2AD5B2A.jpeg
7F47D89C-252F-4BCB-9D2E-4EE74C297D88.jpeg

It's amazing how MaxTrax seems to be the only brand that has solved the brittleness issue. wonder how long it took them to find the right chemical composition... and must be something special that no one else has figured it out/reverse engineered it.

Back in December I got stuck in my own driveway and had to use my traction devices. I don’t remember the exact motivation behind the brand I bought but I got the USAction Trax from the toytec store in Denver. They both cracked the first time
I used them. Which sucked. But I wrote an email yesterday and today got an email from UPS with a tracking number. Super nice about it, only asked for these two pictures and nothing else. I think maybe they changed the formula of their plastic since I bought. Guy said I must’ve gotten a “bad batch”. Either way I did get unstuck and now have a new pair on the way. I’m fine with it. View attachment 2197654View attachment 2197656
I was wondering about this brand. I heard about them on a podcast and was about to pull the trigger when there was a Black Friday sale for $50 off. But haven’t heard anybody using them yet. Until now...

I have mixed feelings about knock-offs. To me sometimes like with the coolers, one (Yeti) starts the trend and others follow suit. Usually what I’ve seen is additional features or redesigns that allow for healthy competition. Think dewalt vs Milwaukee. I think I saw these action trax added Kevlar to the mix (after I got the ones that broke) and I haven’t ever used a different brand to have a fair comparison.
Clear crap knockoffs (I want to say harbor freight but won’t-oh wait I just did lol) like an amazon or eBay Chinese knock off that has a lost in translation description, I tend to steer clear of.
I am a sucker for made in USA and that probably was what motivated me to get these ones.

Ok that’s what I understood as well to me they are high enough. 🤷‍♂️
I have 2 that come up into the engine bay. I have this ARB kit sitting on my work bench. Was just going to extend those up higher and collect some #EAF points. 😁

I finally got around to finishing my rear hatch table. My earlier post is on here about building the table, but I finally decided how I wanted to hold it up today.
I added two leather straps flanking the center handle and then added straps to the underside of the table to loop up and around the door straps. The table straps then snap in place and hold it firmly, but with a little flex to eliminate rattles and squeaks.

255E23DF-D764-4F01-B37E-D591BE737B62.jpeg

For those who haven’t before, removing the backdoor panel is easy. Use a trim tool (or your hand) to pop the bottom end of the trim around the sides of the window. That overlaps the bottom panel corners, so you need that out of the way, first. You don’t need to remove them, just pop the bottom edge. They release by pulling them inward toward the window.

Then remove the handle, which is just two retainers (shown in the middle) that slide straight out and then the clips can pull out with a sharp pull downward. Next is the screw behind the top strap in the floppynet. Then take out the tool kit, since it also connects through to the door itself.

After that, it’s just a matter of popping all the grommets and pulling the panel off. I used forged nails that I scored with a dremel And clinched over on the back of the panel. (Wish I had a picture of that... whoops)

65B15A11-8322-4B33-A798-8A0CD0AB33C5.jpeg

Then crack a frosty beverage of choice and enjoy your rear door pub table.

BA83598B-D0B9-4B09-9B78-F9058222C183.jpeg

Recently, the steering wheel started shaking under braking. I picked up a run-out dial gauge today and checked the front rotors. Both were within spec (I replaced them recently) so scratching my head now... Not sure what to check next. :bang:

Also, the parking brake was always pretty loose (~13 clicks) since I bought the GX about a year ago. Followed the service manual instructions on adjusting the rear brake shoes and now the parking brake sets at 7 clicks. 🎉

Recently, the steering wheel started shaking under braking. I picked up a run-out dial gauge today and checked the front rotors. Both were within spec (I replaced them recently) so scratching my head now... Not sure what to check next. :bang:

Also, the parking brake was always pretty loose (~13 clicks) since I bought the GX about a year ago. Followed the service manual instructions on adjusting the rear brake shoes and now the parking brake sets at 7 clicks. 🎉
You might want to check for a seized piston in your caliper. That’s what caused my rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom