What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who's gas tank skid is that?

RCI 1/4" aluminum skid. Took a hard hit on a boulder and it sheared one bolt off flush with the frame and the other 2 ripped out. The little tab pictured has actually attached itself to the truck and rode the rest of the trip right there, and that is where it remains.

It is hanging by the straps, but the front mounts are trashed and the front lip bent is bent. I'm gonna drop it and beat/bend it around to make it fit until I can get a new one.

The front skid has a couple bends in it as well, but wasn't to this degree. Will be replacing all with steel and will likely be adding gussets to key areas as needed. Such as the front bend on the tank skid.

RCI 1/4" aluminum skid. Took a hard hit on a boulder and it sheared one bolt off flush with the frame and the other 2 ripped out. The little tab pictured has actually attached itself to the truck and rode the rest of the trip right there, and that is where it remains.

It is hanging by the straps, but the front mounts are trashed and the front lip bent is bent. I'm gonna drop it and beat/bend it around to make it fit until I can get a new one.

The front skid has a couple bends in it as well, but wasn't to this degree. Will be replacing all with steel and will likely be adding gussets to key areas as needed. Such as the front bend on the tank skid.
Interesting. I have wheeled all over the rocks of Colorado, Utah, and the SW. Had steel when I first started and then moved to AL on my Tacoma. Now have Hefty AL skids front to back. I have hit them a bit it no issues like that.

Must of been some pretty good hits.

This is why I will only get steel skids. Now just to find some that fit with KDSS.

Interesting. I have wheeled all over the rocks of Colorado, Utah, and the SW. Had steel when I first started and then moved to AL on my Tacoma. Now have Hefty AL skids front to back. I have hit them a bit it no issues like that.

Must of been some pretty good hits.

I dont know that I can disagree with your logic, but the thing is wheeling in the southeast is VERY different than wheeling out west. I am a cautious driver (mommas rig) and while we did bang around lightly on a few river rocks, that damage was the result of only one solid hit, not a day of pounding on it. I know exactly when it happened and exactly what the circumstances were and while it was a solid hit, I am surprised that it failed the way it did.

I was talking with the guys I was with and they both agreed that steel is the way to go out in the woods around here, they been doing this a lot longer than me and after this, i cant say I disagree

Last edited:
I bought my GX to be my business vehicle I use it for my detailing company, sometimes use my trailer sometimes don’t need the trailer. I started detailing at Toytec in Denver today. They have been awesome enough to allow me to detail cars there using my business name, but their customer base. If anyone is in the area, I’d be glad to do your GX.....here’s a shot of my GX in the reflection of the passenger side door that I buffed out. 2001......now I just need to get mine buffed out
CD302642-1F09-4AED-A5F3-9C4EDAA71EC2.jpeg
E631CA79-0050-4845-9E4B-2083DAB0D92E.jpeg

I bought my GX to be my business vehicle I use it for my detailing company, sometimes use my trailer sometimes don’t need the trailer. I started detailing at Toytec in Denver today. They have been awesome enough to allow me to detail cars there using my business name, but their customer base. If anyone is in the area, I’d be glad to do your GX.....here’s a shot of my GX in the reflection of the passenger side door that I buffed out. 2001......now I just need to get mine buffed outView attachment 2086383View attachment 2086384
Sooo by detailing do you do color correction and ceramic coating? Had no idea you were starting there. Gonna have to give Doug some s***.

I’m
Sooo by detailing do you do color correction and ceramic coating? Had no idea you were starting there. Gonna have to give Doug some s***.
what I do is usually referred to as paint correction—one or two step buffing/polishing. I can do wet sanding but that is usually a rare job for me. As for the color, I can buy chip repair kits (so can you or anyone) that go by VIN to match the color. And coatings, absolutely. Paint coatings, headlight coatings, clear bra coating, I even have leather coating that is super cool. I really focus on high end products, I don’t skimp on chemicals or tools.
That truck is Mikes. The service manager. Basically we are starting off with crew cars and trucks and they are putting a flyer for me at the counter. There is an out of state build the guy wants some detailing done we are just figuring out what level he wants. We shall see how it goes but we all are hoping for good things. Had a great time there today.

I’m

what I do is usually referred to as paint correction—one or two step buffing/polishing. I can do wet sanding but that is usually a rare job for me. As for the color, I can buy chip repair kits (so can you or anyone) that go by VIN to match the color. And coatings, absolutely. Paint coatings, headlight coatings, clear bra coating, I even have leather coating that is super cool. I really focus on high end products, I don’t skimp on chemicals or tools.
That truck is Mikes. The service manager. Basically we are starting off with crew cars and trucks and they are putting a flyer for me at the counter. There is an out of state build the guy wants some detailing done we are just figuring out what level he wants. We shall see how it goes but we all are hoping for good things. Had a great time there today.
Cool man. Well I have a black GX460 that is the wife's. It needs color correction and ceramic coat. I will send you a message to figure something out.

Redid dual system with a fuse block and breaker and updated kit. Also did big brakes and got the GXOR spec suspension put back in for testing.

2FD1EEEE-4DB2-4EAB-B7F3-C9DD641BC85F.jpeg

77463194-7CC1-4670-A20B-2112D74F7E12.jpeg

45B8E7F9-8E1A-4306-B57A-FB1AC99421F3.jpeg

What did you guys do to your GX today? Cleaned and conditioned my seats today. Cannot stress the importance of maintaining the leather in our seats! Had them treated today, took some time to clean then condition, but man, sure does make the seats feel more "supple". This also extends the life of the leather and allows it to last without cracking/ripping over the years. Oh, and I also plastidipped my front grille anthracite gray. Keep the emblem dipped or undipped? AND I added some tool liners to the rear seat cubby and cup holders. Hope your guys' weekend is going good!

View attachment 2078434

View attachment 2078435

View attachment 2078436

View attachment 2078437

View attachment 2078438
Did you use the glossifer with it?

Work was done yesterday, but repaired my cv boots, did rear coil conversion with Toytec Superflex, deleted airbag control, changed fluids on front diff and transfer case, and added rear door handles.

IMG_20190921_084941.jpg

IMG_20190921_115334.jpg

IMG_20190921_155529.jpg

IMG_20190921_184033.jpg

IMG_20190921_191147.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom