What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ripped out my center console that was stuck open.

Found a hair brush, $10 bill, and some candy wrappers stuck in there.

With them out, it still wasn't right. One side would close, and the other was just over 1/2 open. After some tinkering I decided to take off the gears, re-align, and re-install.

Good as new!

FedEx delivered a weird package today so I thought my PFran LEDs had come in.

No such luck, so instead I plasti-dipped my rear emblems.

I had done this before, but this was the first time with the glossifier. I like how it turned out.

DSC_0036 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr
DSC_0037 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr

FedEx delivered a weird package today so I thought my PFran LEDs had come in.

No such luck, so instead I plasti-dipped my rear emblems.

I had done this before, but this was the first time with the glossifier. I like how it turned out.
by Alex Wilson, on Flickr
Did you get the glossifier online?

Edit: Just noticed your plate frame says Bellevue but your in Washington. I live over in Bellevue, TN.

Did you get the glossifier online?

Edit: Just noticed your plate frame says Bellevue but your in Washington. I live over in Bellevue, TN.
No, my local Ace Hardware had it in stock. They had all sorts of colors, actually. When I first used plastidip a few year back there was only black, blue and white. Now that had those, orange, pink, camo colors, glossifier, metallic something, and more.

Bellevue, WA here, as you noted. Is there a Lexus of Bellevue there too?

I took off the running boards this afternoon. It was about 35 degrees at the time, so every single one of the clips shattered the second I put any force into trying to remove them.

I was VERY displeased by the end result. The area in the front wheel well was totally unacceptable for me.

Luckily a friend of mine has had his GX longer than I have and showed me a picture of his with the top of the running board cut off and re-installed. Looking at his pictures I was able to replicate the cuts and the driver side looks MUCH better.

Unfortunately the passenger side has a crack in it. Tomorrow I'll try my hand at repairing it with some (a lot) of JB Weld.

Outpost Offroad Sliders from MetalTech 4x4. Installed by our good friends at Sierra Expeditions. Thanks to Will and Kyle! They provide exceptional support to the community here in Phoenix!

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG

KDSS was a slight challenge, but the OPOR sliders are now KDSS compatible. This is a great addition for those for whom KDSS previously was an issue.

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

No, my local Ace Hardware had it in stock. They had all sorts of colors, actually. When I first used plastidip a few year back there was only black, blue and white. Now that had those, orange, pink, camo colors, glossifier, metallic something, and more.

Bellevue, WA here, as you noted. Is there a Lexus of Bellevue there too?

I am picking up my GX tomorrow and I will be doing the emblems next week so thanks for the reply. My Bellevue is really just a small suburb of Nashville so we don't have anything fun like a Lexus dealer.

Took mine in for an airbag recall and they installled a new dash! I was on the waiting list and still a year out but apparently they had ordered the wrong color for the one in the shop and offered it to me cause I was there and ready to give up my car for a couple days.
Lexus of Fife has officially replaced BMW Northwest as my favorite dealership!

I took off the running boards this afternoon. It was about 35 degrees at the time, so every single one of the clips shattered the second I put any force into trying to remove them.

Anyone know where to get replacement clips for cheap? I did the same, clips almost all destroyed, thx.

Took mine in for an airbag recall and they installled a new dash! I was on the waiting list and still a year out but apparently they had ordered the wrong color for the one in the shop and offered it to me cause I was there and ready to give up my car for a couple days.
Lexus of Fife has officially replaced BMW Northwest as my favorite dealership!

Any of the O'Brien auto group dealers should be an excellent experience. We live just down the road from Lexus of Bellevue so that's where we go. Always a great experience in there.

Anyone know where to get replacement clips for cheap? I did the same, clips almost all destroyed, thx.

You cannot get them for cheap. The cheapest possible price from Lexus is $5.29 each and no one else sells them.

You can get them "cheaper" on ebay, but after paying shipping you're a little over that price.

I went to Ace Hardware and bought generic plastic rivets for $.55 each. I bought out my two local stores for a total of 16 of them. I have a few open holes, but they seem secure.

You cannot get them for cheap. The cheapest possible price from Lexus is $5.29 each and no one else sells them.

You can get them "cheaper" on ebay, but after paying shipping you're a little over that price.

I went to Ace Hardware and bought generic plastic rivets for $.55 each. I bought out my two local stores for a total of 16 of them. I have a few open holes, but they seem secure.

Thx for this; good idea on the substitute - I'll look around. The big $$ spent on tires, suspension, sliders, etc. didn't bother me but ~$100 on plastic bits direct with Lexus just isn't sitting well with me.

Today I flew half way across the country then bought it and drove for 12 hours to get it home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom