What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have no idea how much I appreciate you posting this! Is this a common problem? I just picked up an 08 and all 4 were disintegrated and was thinking WTF!!! I was also worried about cost but I just ordered a set from the link you posted. Is the material supposed to be better than OEM?

Pretty common depending on age and environment. Mine weren't too bad, one or two pieces were breaking down.

The material seems good quality and should last like OEM. Not sure what OEM is made out of. New clips are provided as well. Pretty cheap overall so I figured give it a shot. I believe a few others on here did it recently.

RAD Rubber also has exact fit kits better than oem

IMG_2998.JPG
Bought the Rhino Rack legs from etrailor, buddy donated 60' of square tubing and access to a bender and welder, bought a sheet of expanded metal for $30 and spent $70 on Rustolium primer and bedliner. Wanted somthing I could sit/stand/sleep on. It's 4' x 6' and still allows me to park in the garage.

View attachment 1381821 Bought the Rhino Rack legs from etrailor, buddy donated 60' of square tubing and access to a bender and welder, bought a sheet of expanded metal for $30 and spent $70 on Rustolium primer and bedliner. Wanted somthing I could sit/stand/sleep on. It's 4' x 6' and still allows me to park in the garage.

Nice work! Would you change anything now that it's done? How's the wind noise with this design?

BTW, looks like you thru-bolted your rack onto the Rhino Rack legs/feet combo - correct? If so, which combo did you go with?

Last edited:
Nice work! Would you change anything now that it's done? How's the wind noise with this design?

BTW, looks like you thru-bolted your rack onto the Rhino Rack legs/feet combo - correct? If so, which combo did you go with?

Thanks! My only concern is rust and I will just have to see how it holds up. Haven't had it on the interstate yet but it will probably make some noise.

Yes, just bolted thru the tubing using some stainless steel bolts and washers I picked up at Lowes. Sealed holes top and bottom w black silicone. Probably could have bought the bolts cheaper online, but I wanted to measure and make sure I got the correct length. I didn't buy the Rhino Rack crossbars, just the legs.

@Lc80series That rack looks great- what size FR rack is that? And would you mind taking a few pics in the light from the top so we can see how far it extends? Thx!

Here's a few photos of the FR...

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

yikes...time to weld on a nut!

Just drained and refilled my ATF. Im not sure Lexus could make this any more difficult.

Installed my new Ironman Pro Foam Cell suspension! Eight hours start to finish by myself. Thank you to everyone for the videos and information on the swap. One new trick - when installing the rear spring and bushing, use the factory bottle jack between the axle housing and bump stop to create enough space to install the spring. Great substitute for a third hand!

Old front struts/springs did not want to come out. Had to wiggle and bang the housing to effect a release. Also, sawzall works great to remove the rear shocks - no need for penetrant oil

I love the upgrade!

Order Powerstop brake kit for towing

I think someone else did this. Made the cup holders a little nicer. Pencil holders that are Velcro in, so they can be remover if need

IMG_0137.JPG

I am using a Grom BT interface and also added a subwoofer with remote and very pleased with the balance sound of the ML system. I can use my old iPhone for music and also my Note4 audio streaming on Bluetooth. It will accept calls hands-free on my Note4 plus my blackberry for work.

Can you share more info on how you added the subwoffer? Im interested in adding a 12in sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom