What did you do on your 70 series today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my fuel filter. I know, I know, it’s not a Toyota brand filter. :deadhorse:
D79E7DC2-9D89-4836-916C-BB3814E6BD4F.jpeg
28E4B8DA-E8E0-4518-8037-231F9B014EBC.jpeg
BAA02FFC-DBE0-4C84-B01E-7A35F2673BE7.jpeg

It was way overdue.

Link to that tool? I used an awkward strap wrench - hadn't seen that one in looking around and much easier to fit in the tight space!

Slimmed up the look some. Removed the side paneling and side steps. Glad I did, some minor rust that needs some cleaning up. Prepping for new bumpers and sliders soon.
92BCB696-9D5B-4FEC-B3A9-F71258D1A4BB.jpeg

3B85682D-78FA-4054-99E9-3367D4E4EEEB.jpeg

Link to that tool? I used an awkward strap wrench - hadn't seen that one in looking around and much easier to fit in the tight space!

worth every penny!

Returned from a road trip with the bj73. Almost 500miles on the turbo install now. Had a strange occurrence running a tank of Exxon "diesel efficient" I got for $1.90 gal. After 1 hour at 100k on the highway I accelerate onto the interstate and 120k. After about 5 seconds of to the floor acceleration she slowed momentarily and shrugged with a puff of diesel smoke. I backed off and the accelerated again slightly less power and way less smoke.
For the rest of the trip noticeably less smoke, less fuel consumption, but slightly less power. The engine is now noticeably smoother at idle, but doesn't fire as quickly without some peddle.
I'm thinking some deposit holding a injector open/dribbling has finally cleaned out.
I've been suspecting a dribbling injector since I noticed some unburned diesel blowback out the intake before I resealed with rtv after new head install.

Slimmed up the look some. Removed the side paneling and side steps. Glad I did, some minor rust that needs some cleaning up. Prepping for new bumpers and sliders soon.
View attachment 2299634
View attachment 2299636
Returned from a road trip with the bj73. Almost 500miles on the turbo install now. Had a strange occurrence running a tank of Exxon "diesel efficient" I got for $1.90 gal. After 1 hour at 100k on the highway I accelerate onto the interstate and 120k. After about 5 seconds of to the floor acceleration she slowed momentarily and shrugged with a puff of diesel smoke. I backed off and the accelerated again slightly less power and way less smoke.
For the rest of the trip noticeably less smoke, less fuel consumption, but slightly less power. The engine is now noticeably smoother at idle, but doesn't fire as quickly without some peddle.
I'm thinking some deposit holding a injector open/dribbling has finally cleaned out.
I've been suspecting a dribbling injector since I noticed some unburned diesel blowback out the intake before I resealed with rtv after new head install.
Pulled my DYI turbo manifold and port matched with a carbide cutter. After drilled and welded a bung for my EGT guage. On first drive EGT guage was higher than expected. If I rev it hardly going to 60 on a mild incline I can bust it over 700C. My 2.25 downpipe is still dumping into factor 1.75" pipe and muffler. Thinking new air filter and 2.25" all the way back. In the meantime I'll try to lean it out 1/4 turn and see how it does.

Last edited:
Good choice Amando!

Getting some parts in trade for R&D. Since we moved to CA I constantly get requests for 70 parts. We will design as much as possible in the time we have it. But the bumpers and sliders are the main ones.

Secondary are tow/recovery points, skids, additional suspension items and interior panels.

Jason

Like that bumper. It's similar in function to what I'm going for, but looks better than mine will. One thing I plan on doing is when I make my swing out in front of the small rear door I'm going to make something so that if someone has to open the door from inside to get out that the door will hit the release latch on the swing out so they aren't trapped inside.

Getting some parts in trade for R&D. Since we moved to CA I constantly get requests for 70 parts. We will design as much as possible in the time we have it. But the bumpers and sliders are the main ones.

Secondary are tow/recovery points, skids, additional suspension items and interior panels.

Jason

Very few bumper/slider/skidplate options currently for the 70 series Jason. You might have a good market.

Very few bumper/slider/skidplate options currently for the 70 series Jason. You might have a good market.

Hopefully... I built a dozen or so of these bumpers and then crickets for months.... Maybe with time and more being imported there is a market now. I'll roll the dice one more time for a while and see what happens.

J

Made a plate to hold auber instruments gauges. Egt + boost. Material was taken from a non functional laptop I found. Cut it with a heated exacto blade and mounted it with some screws that held in the motherboard. I think it looks pretty good considering it's made out of trash.

IMG_20200425_190156~2.jpg

IMG_20200426_165305.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom