What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a rusted and loose nut on the main ground for the winch. Think it's sorted for now. Just hoping to keep it together to get out Saturday.

FWIW, I believe the run is NEXT Saturday....

HAHAHAH ... I knew that :doh:

I'm usually a week off when I'm doing schedules for work. Likely would have been sitting in the lot wondering where everyone was. All this endless maintenance is making me cra cra.

Seat gears scheduled for the white cruiser tomorrow, need to check the pass side wheel bearing as well. The truck has a squeak at slow speed, kinda sounds like it's coming from the rear. More things to track down.

Got the pass seat out and disassembled ... can't find the replacement gears I've had for 6 months. Searched through all my parts twice for 90 mins. Over it, reordering and will get some seat covers to do at the same time. I hate losing things, I try to be very organized so that doesn't happen.

20190905_111406[1].jpg

Got my Kricket belt tension check tool today. Belts on the cammo truck are ~45lbs, will try again to tighten them tomorrow, if chirping persists I will start replacing idler pulleys. I found 2 new AC pulleys today going through my parts ... nice.

Did manage to get the Pfran LED kit installed on the white truck, had a defective reverse light, so had to pirate the kit for the cammo truck of course. Nothing is ever easy it seems. Blew a fuse when the LED shorted and had to track it down.

20190905_134532[1].jpg

20190905_134525[1].jpg

@Crusha or anyone else with a parts truck ... I'm looking for a rear speaker grill and the housing for the front door light at the bottom, not just the lens, the whole housing.

It's now beer thirty ... :beer:

looks like you missed the first step, that's not in the instructions....raise the seat all the way up before unplugging.

Negative, seat is all the way up in the front to get the 2 screws out for the front plate. Not my first rodeo on seat gears.

Been doing a few things here and there on then truck, one is clocking the shocks so the upper arms don't hit the line to the reservoir and running then line under the brake line so they will not rub through. I need to clearance the shock tower a little for full stuff occurrences but it should be fine. Only reason this is a problem is because I'm cheap and just ordered the shock bodies, if I had ordered the ToyTec upper mounting plates too I amsure they would be in the position I need not to interfere.

Also, since I am not running manual hubs at the moment and I've lost my other set, I'm making some new ones so if I blow a front diff again... I can make it home.

Also over labor day weekend I decided to get in on some sales and bought a set of sliders, something I haven't had on my truck since my frame swap from years ago...

Found the seat gears on the dining room table ... 2 days after ordering new gears. Got them installed yesterday on the white cruiser and seats are back in working order.
20190909_122453[1].jpg

20190909_110522[1].jpg

Ordered some new seat covers for this truck as well. My son opted for neoprene covers instead of the leather so I guess I will see how those work out. They are custom fit and supposedly 6-8 week lead time. Got tired of the steering pump groaning at me when the truck is warm so ordered a new pump, low pressure lines and clamps.

Once that is done it should be down to finding a slow speed squeak somewhere in the rear axle or brakes and the PM is done on this one ... except that the suspension is OEM and beat to hell ... so maybe not. Oh, and the bumpers, they are beat too ... and the trailer hitch is busted ... and the rear defrost needs to be replaced ... and it could use some new speakers all around ... :poop:

I did a little work to my trailer in prep for this weekend:

I'm still not clearanced for 35s and I don't want to run my nice new wheels on the trails, and since the old 33s are way out of balance and possibly have a shifted belt I can't drive on them, so you'll see me doing a quick pit stop session before we hit the trails. On a positive note, I won't have to air down and back up again, just have to use my electric impact.

Parts came in to get the power steering pump changed on the white Cruiser, but have found a new distraction. Inherited a tow behind off-road caper from @VBRoamer ... super stoked to get this back on the road asap.

Thanks to Andy (@jamarquardt22) for the assist in getting it home.
20190917_171609[1].jpg

The current axle is a bit bent so I needed a trailer to get it home. Had to use the snatch block and winch to get it on the trailer.
20190917_171629[1].jpg

Welcome to Andy's world of rigging. Came with a replacement axle.
20190917_175036[1].jpg

Wife is super pumped to have more driveway art.
20190918_090132[1].jpg

20190918_092838[1].jpg

It will need some love, but should be good to go for off road adventures after that.

20190918_092853[1].jpg

20190918_091047[1].jpg

20190918_091037[1].jpg

20190918_093504[1].jpg

Water system is nasty, already have emails out for replacement parts. Fingers crossed they are available.
20190918_093434[1].jpg

After the trip to Rausch, it was time to park the truck for a bit and work on the other project in the driveway.

The SC got some love. Reinstalled the AC compressor with new oil for R134 and new o ring through as much of the system that I could access, just need to make it up to Woody's to borrow is AC equipment to vacuum down and charge the system.

Changed the oil, put a genuine oil filter and some better quality oil into the engine this time (only put 1k since the last oil change).

Finally one thing that's really pestered me is that I couldn't see out the back window. One of the previous owners put an awful purple-ish tint that's had bubbled and peeled. It was on all windows (except windshield) at one point, previous owner remove it from e everything but the back window and right side quarter. I got a little hand held steamer and went to town.

I'm pretty sure after removing it, its tiny from 93'. Lol it is awesome to see out the back again. It's the little things.

Repurposed my 283 SBC timing chain into my endless welding cart build.

051F038E-5E8A-4301-AB64-441D275C4AEB.jpeg

More minor progress - I also cut and test-fit the floating, pull out saw table that will sit inside the welding table. This way if I need to cut longer pieces I can level the saw with the table and use it to support the long beams - which can just pass through the back of the cart.

Garage space is limited - Trying to build as much storage and functionality into a 32x32 square as I can!

FE7708A0-F030-4C36-9759-48B397567EB3.jpeg

32x32 is big!!

It's somewhere between a big cart and a small table. More importantly - it is sized so it will take up every square inch of space I have left between my compressor and my work bench so I can store it when it isn't in use. In that position it will serve as a continuation of the work bench (I'm tired of burning holes in my wooden bench).

I'll need to find somewhere else for the engine crane to live but (as you can plainly see) my garage is currently in a state of chaos - I'm hoping with some additional storage and some purging, I'll be able to find a home for everything.

My shop suffers from high ceiling envy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom