What are you working on? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is as close as it gets to off-roading in NV.
View attachment 1907836
I’ll be driving the new 200 across route 80 sometime late next week. Anything exciting to see in those parts? I was planning to hang out a bit near Tahoe area, then fast track across NV and into SLC and then down into the swell for a few days before heading across 70 into denver.

@fireball we were in LV for a tournament but tried to get out of the city as much as possible. Couldn’t get too crazy in the Charger! We went to Red Rock Canyon Conservation area, Hoover Dam and out to Valley of Fire yesterday. Valley of Fire State Park | State Parks This is well worth several hours of your time.

You’ll pass the worlds largest truck stop shortly after getting into Iowa. It’s a tourist trap, but if you’ve got time worth the poke around.

DD28AAEB-6BC1-45A8-97D5-9E1C316CE028.jpeg

Cutting out old and putting in new...

Unfortunately, nothing Toyota related...

Finally pulled the back half of my 62's split case and found the spring, retaining bolt and washer for the 4wd shift fork on the bottom of the case.
Looks like the washer may have taken a trip around the mill, but I feel very fortunate to not have any collateral damage.

For those of you who were not with us, a couple of months back we set out on the trails at Rausch Creek and I discovered I could not engage 4 wheel drive. We headed back to the parking lot, ditched my truck and I rode shotgun with @JohnVee for the rest of the day.

Cleaned the threads and reassembled with locktight this time.

Yes, Dissent Off Road front and rear aluminum bumpers and skid plates. Super happy with it.

Same suspension that was on the 08. Will hopefully be able to talk you into installing some sliders and adjusting the suspension once I get the rear cargo setup installed.

If you guys recall, I have a 93 SC400 in my driveway that is a very slow moving project.
With a somewhat deadline set in place now to get this thing road worthy, and to help Andy out with his future engine swap, I finally got some work done to it.
First was fixing the exhaust that the previous owner screwed up, mind you Woody and I didn't make it much better but it doesn't leak now!
Woody welded what he could up on the thin metal but there was still a pin hole in each side. So I added some metal putty and then used some exhaust wrap I had to really make sure things would stay in place.
We also installed some o2 sensor spacers due to the fact that the converter material was long gone.
I will spare you how the flanges that everything mates together looks, it's not pretty, and not my best work, but it doesn't leak so I will take what I can get.

Now that it runs.... again... Its time to make it so it can actually drive down the road. The front lower control arm bushings are shot. and in typical Toyota fashion, the front eccentrics were fine and fell right out, the rears with the bad bushings were seized in place, like on every IFS truck I have worked on... I tired to get in there with a sawzall but was having zero, but cool feature, the cross member that the rear of the arms bolts to comes out, because that is all it holds, I wish the 4Runner was like this -_-

While I am waiting for eccentrics to arrive I thought I would tackle the radio situation, since one did not come with the car. I figured I would go back to stock since I didn't want to mess to much more with the wiring in the car and since apparently I have the most optioned out version of it, requires wiring I don't want to get into to put an aftermarket unit it. I scored a stock unit and put it in, replaced fuses but they popped instantly. I start tracing wires and find this mess in the trunk where the factory amplifier is. Some people just need to put their tools down, turn around and slowly walk away.....

I became a little productive this weekend. Some success, some failure, figured if I got moving I would get the ball rolling.
First was fixing that shottt wiring only to find the amp is shot.

Next, in preparation to sell my Camry I figured I would knock out the wheel bearings that started to make noise recently. This job turned into a snow ball of trouble. First, while trying to remove the drum, I thought I had the adjusted back enough, I guess I didn't not only did I wreck all the hardware, but also took out the wheel cylinder -_-
Then after getting that all out of the way, and removing the bolts for the bearing, it did not budge. Heat, nothing... Slide Hammer, nothing... I even left the bolts loose and drove on the bearing, nothing....
Finally I turned to the good ol' YouTube to see if anyone had any tricks, a couple of carriage bolts and nuts, and done! Now waiting for new wheel cylinders, Shoes, and Hardware.

Finally, Trying to continue work on the SC400, started burning out the bushings in the lower control arms so I can drive this thing without feeling like the front suspension if going to fall out.

The winch looks awesome! Let me (us) know when it gets to eBay. These things are pretty powerful and can really operate fast when need be just by increasing your engine RPM. I've seen a few in operation and was always impressed. Quite the coolness factor, too......…..

The winch looks awesome! Let me (us) know when it gets to eBay. These things are pretty powerful and can really operate fast when need be just by increasing your engine RPM. I've seen a few in operation and was always impressed. Quite the coolness factor, too......…..
Thanks Gary if you’re interested pm me I’d rather it stay local anyways.

Not interested in buying but interested to see what a nicely restored and pretty much complete looking setup brings on eBay. Do you have the shifter handle?

Not interested in buying but interested to see what a nicely restored and pretty much complete looking setup brings on eBay. Do you have the shifter handle?
Yep the only thing missing are the 2 yoke connections on either end of the driveshaft but those can be fabricated by any tractor supply shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom