What are you working on? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used yesterday for 1st time and i like it. Lots of options on it. Build Quality feels good for harbour freight. Welds great. I think its worth it for the price.

Thank you.

That’s what I was thinking. It’s not a Lincoln or Miller but for what we do. I think It’s a nice priced welder.

Its about 950$ at the store. I think he paid $700-750. Found a coupon at the store for another 20% off

Got a Muncie four speed from my friend's 64 Corvette to go over. Decided to do it in my basement rather than in cold cold garage. Nice to work in a heated area!

Last edited:
Reactions: caz
Took the cash from the totaled BMW and did something practical with it...Picked up another FJC. Haha! 07 6MT, what a blast to drive. Gotta be honest though, have never had a 6SPD manual and have been missing a few gears! Have gone from 5th to 3rd and 6th to 3rd on a few occasions. Hard to fix muscle memory. Owned 3 on the tree, 4 SPDS, 5 but never a 6.
0F4829AB-0554-4DE4-AC4D-308E14B14FA5.jpeg

It was my daughters bday so they put a bow on it for me.

I like your commitment!

part two of my 60series rusty quarter panels plan showed up today.....4x4labs rear bumper.
the plan is cut the quarters off and then cover it back up

2019bumper.jpg

This is a big week for my little guy. First, we'll get some much needed attention for a transfer case leak, but in the next three weeks, I get the dual batteries in, which will allow me to get the winch on, which will allow me to swap in the new dashboard, which will allow me to get the lights mounted and wired....

I also have more Monstaliner coming for the front bumper. I went with Rust-Oleum hammered, but it took some chipping and I want it to hold up, and be ready for the winch. Plus, the turn signals are pretty dim, so I purchased some Xprite Jeep ones that should swap in, and be much brighter.

The new torsion bars came from Australia, but finding rear springs has turned into a cluster; I can use fronts from a 60-series, but finding anyone with stock height 60-series springs is turning out to be a chore. I may have to bite the bullet and actually order the exact springs I need from Australia, too...but I the $500AUD shipping is money I'd rather spend elsewhere.

Can't find a stock height pair, but I do have a few more places to call. I may have to eat it and simply order the appropriate Daihatsu spring from Australia.

Northwestern PA. I can drive, though!

I think I still have the ones from my 62

Thanks! The company in (I guess) Harrisburg that makes OEM springs has one left in stock, and even though they are a regular stock item, they expect to make more in March...or April...maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom