What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, so much better!
Did you remove the fenders to paint?
Yes I did remove the fender flairs and replaced the rubber pads. The cruiser is slowly coming together and the to do list is getting smaller. I also replaced the u joints up front because there was a noise and vibrations over 55 mph.

Yes I did remove the fender flairs and replaced the rubber pads. The cruiser is slowly coming together and the to do list is getting smaller. I also replaced the u joints up front because there was a noise and vibrations over 55 mph.
Sheesh Rich, you're getting it done!
Wanna take my gray truck home for a couple of months?

Some really cool stuff at the shop this week.

B4CBE63C-64EF-4226-9583-21796C763373.jpeg

398B72FD-7019-4CEF-855B-D815531BF275.jpeg

5AE760EF-5E10-4F71-B58B-832B38020E47.jpeg

5EFB8D38-A9AA-4DC1-AEAF-7F9D233E626A.jpeg

79474152-4396-4E7E-95A2-4F3821991241.jpeg

Last weekend I got the rear t-case reinstalled with the help of a modified HF transmission jack. Wednesday evening took it out for a test drive around the block...really surprised how much driving it took for get the case into low. I can't wait to mob around in low-low!

Been doing some work on the 40 since coming home from coal mine. Had to disassemble and re-do my passenger side front spring pack. Using 60 axles under my 40 means that the passenger side spring mount is kinda custom. Had to remove a broken 1/"2 bolt and redo the threads. Put a spacer in on my spring pack and all seems well. Trimmed the skid plate a bit where the exhaust pipe was hitting it and rattling. And put a trail tamer seal kit in the front axle, new bearings, seals all that jazz. Topped that off with an oil change, used one of the Toyota oil filters donated to the coal mine raffle by Beno- the front axle kit was also a raffle prize from 2017! She runs pretty good now!

Vroom, Vroom!

Finally poured concrete!!

437.JPG

448.JPG

The overhead doors will be installed next week, so I think that will make it an official garage. Up until now, I've had a very expensive carport!!!

The area above the single bay has scissor trusses with 16' ceiling height and is setup for a future lift.

The area above the double bay is ~450sf of full height living & office space. Here's a photo showing the space... there's currently a scuttle hole to access the storage above the scissor trusses. Maybe I should cut an "observation window" so that folks can have a better view of the truck on the lift during future tech days!

2nd story.jpg

Hard to see, but did the tie the rebar together? Use chairs before the pour?

Yes and yes, that photo above was an "action shot" and just shows the whole pieces laid in place. He was in the alleyway cutting the additional rebar, and then tied and stood it off before concrete was poured. 5" of 4000psi with two large blocks that i got from Superior Walls laid under the lift location.

The single bay is flat. The double bay has a 1" taper down to the floor drain. I've been keeping it wet since being poured and am very happy with the flat single bay and pitch of the double. This is a relatively small area, but it's still not super easy to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom