What are you working on? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick and dirty jack mount for CMCC...

I like your ingenuity, but that looks like it will be rrrrrrattttlllllllyyyy . .Maybe a piece of heater hose between jack and clip to tighten it up?

I like your ingenuity, but that looks like it will be rrrrrrattttlllllllyyyy . .Maybe a piece of heater hose between jack and clip to tighten it up?
Laced it up, no rattling on the drive to work this morning
33EE1EE7-CD7F-4CEB-BADA-D032E1E245CE.jpeg

Did you have a full tank?
It must have picked fuel out the cap.
If it was the filler neck it would drain under the tank. All that is inside the tank.
Tank was full and it definitely came out the cap. Wasn’t parked on a steep slope and hasn’t done it since. Well...no one freaked out over the picture so I’ll mark it up as a fluke and run her.

Tank was full and it definitely came out the cap. Wasn’t parked on a steep slope and hasn’t done it since. Well...no one freaked out over the picture so I’ll mark it up as a fluke and run her.

How long was it parked in that spot? Tank looks to be black, if it was there for a good portion of the day with the sun beating on it was probably just some good old fashioned pressure release. Especially if the tank was full.

Wow,, I just finished up Monday afternoon, new rear lower control arms, and new bushings in front track bar.. I'm ready..

Were they bent? I use these and am very pleased.
It was a math thing. new arms were about the same price as bushings and pressing... those metaltech ones are nice, way nice...

Use the same ones. Bullet proof!

Yup, just make sure to keep the jam nuts tight. I had the nut come loose on the right side, and it destroyed the threads on the tube and joint. You can't see this with the truck on a lift. I only realized it when I started getting a loud bang/clunk.

Yup, just make sure to keep the jam nuts tight. I had the nut come loose on the right side, and it destroyed the threads on the tube and joint. You can't see this with the truck on a lift. I only realized it when I started getting a loud bang/clunk.
Have a new Johnny joint for the same reason.
D228FD3C-96C8-4AC7-A44F-3D9C5BF2C29C.jpeg

Had to cut mine out. But they will take a beating on the trail.

decided i wanted new shiny and bright lights to replace the tired oes ive been nursing way too long for some reason.....and apparently had an early senior moment. the 75 is built on the bones of a 77. not much left that is 77, but the wire harness is one of them.
so i was faced with some disappointment this morning as i tried to plug the new lights in.
lucky decades of ownership and nearly the same of mud time has learned me that toyota rarely makes large changes, this was no exception.
73-75 used a simple four slot plug, the 76-L used a weather resistant four slot plug, but the actual male and female prongs are the same....so ten minutes later....new lights with an old plastic plug.

taillightsB.jpg

taillightsC.jpg

taillightsEE.jpg

taillightsF.jpg

taillightsD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom