What are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's way too hot outside for soup
20180630_154550.jpg

Much better now
20180704_104118.jpg

Birf showing a bit of wear, but I will run them till they quit
20180629_104019.jpg

Advance was nice enough to sell me a little pump for the gear oil fill. It didn't fit the container :doh:

Improvise, adapt, overcome ... found a solution. Fit perfectly and holds 2 quarts.
20180706_085132.jpg

Now I need a lift so I can wheel with the rest of you on the trails ... at least in theory. Hello, Dobinsons, is that you? Cool packages from Dobinsons, Slee, Metal Tech and others en route. You can see that I have almost no travel left after the bumpers, winch and armor. Thanks for the heads up on that Andy.
20180704_104132.jpg

Going to be a few weeks for all the parts to come in. Blair ... do you guys do suspension installs @ Tommy's?

@Cass007 , nice to see you jump in head first and see the progress. Good job! :cheers:

You got plenty of life left in those shoes! They are not like the breaks they only ware down if you forget to take the parking break off.

But you are in there.

At second look the top of the far side is warn to nothing.

You got plenty of life left in those shoes! They are not like the breaks they only ware down if you forget to take the parking break off.

But you are in there.

At second look the top of the far side is warn to nothing.

The adjustment cam was maxed out otherwise I would not have cared. Look what I found in the spare parts bin.... damn good evening! And not a bad view to work under!

8F08AEF7-501F-4C6B-9864-DDC2E61521D7.jpeg
99906D86-6CDB-4293-AC09-EAA681B970EF.jpeg

An operable parking brake? I’m jealous, my 80 has never had one. :eek:

Scooooooorrrrrrreeeeeee!!!!

Trapper is reading my mind ... I have 2 sets of brand new parts to do the parking brake on both trucks. Skipping CMCC to dive in on it today.

@Crusha ... thanks, it's a process and the curve is steep. Feel like I need to know how things work so I can fix things if they break when wheeling.

@brian ... Andy tells me the same, but the springs I'm getting are very long (~24"). I will need a spring compression tool to get them in even at full drop. Guess I will mull it over. It will be mid-August until all the parts are in, but everything is on order now.

@Crusha ... thanks, it's a process and the curve is steep. Feel like I need to know how things work so I can fix things if they break when wheeling.
Jackpot! We are way more willing to tell you how to fix it on the trail then actually crawl under somone else's muddy truck and do it for them. Of corse it's better for every one if the person fixing can understand our directions.

Yesterday turned into more than expected of course. Both rear calipers turned out to be faulty, that explains where I was losing fluid from every few weeks. Swapped out for replacements from NAPA and got things back together. I still need to bleed all the brakes today. I hope that goes as simply as it should. Also need to drain the cooling system again and do the rear heater bypass. The PO removed the inside components, but left the line hooked up. It gets so hot now in the summer on the pass side of the trans tunnel it sends my phone into protection mode if it's in the center cubby.

Fixed some skid plate issues and diff service. I’ve had pics up before. It’s got a full total chaos long travel setup with dual Kings.
Where you take your FJ surely does require skid plate issues!!!!! Offhand I'm remembering last year at Anthracite………...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom