What are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey David @thegadgetguy , How was GSMTR? I completely spaced out about hooking you up with the Appalachian Cruiser guys :oops:.

Any pics?

It was good! No worries - it ended up being a bit of a whirlwind trip for me so I didn’t have quite as much time there as I wanted to. I’ll try and post some pictures in the GSMTR thread later tonight.

pilot holes to drill new holes

I was wondering why that big angle drill was on the floor, now it makes sense. I have these as well, from another vendor, Slee I think, but they were pre-drilled.

They flank the existing flanges on the axle and provide reinforcement + pilot holes to drill new holes for the bushings in the radius arms to rotate the axle back to the stock angle after lifting a truck. Here’s a picture of the plates befor I drilled out the new holes - you can see the pilot hole they come with. The holes end up super close to the edge or the original flange on the axle, so the plates add some additional material in that area to keep the bolts from tearing out.

View attachment 1717008
I get it now.

Can it be used with any engine swap combination? Or has to be 2f?

Blair, thats for the green 40 i saw in your shop?

Yes and yes. Can be used with any engine/trans/management combo. Pretty much any gas or diesel combo. The truck should be there tomorrow and maybe Thursday. If you want a good look at it stop by.

Last edited:
Replacing some gaskets...let's call them head gaskets...

20180609_085420.jpg

I had to call to ask wtf I needed to do to drive it. The big one is the main shifter, one of the smaller ones is high/low, one for the PTO, and one for forward/reverse. Reverse only works in low, so you have to put the one lever into low, then the other to switch to reverse, then put it into a gear to go backwards. It’s a process to say the least. Not sure what the other lever does, they didn’t say and I didn’t ask lol.

2WD/4WD/4WD Diff Lock ;)

I picked up a nice 1997 FJ80 on Friday and i complete various things off the check off sheet but in the process I broke a connection to the radiator. So if anyone can help me figure out where the top bolts that connect the radiator that are near headlight assembly and then looks like flat washers it would be a big help. Thanks Aaron for selling me the LC!

- oil pump gasket
- crank seal
- power antenna
- throttle cable
- brake booster
- radio

The car cleaned up nice and here is a picture of the radiator support hat I need some help. I searched the internet and could not find any info. Aaron i got radio working and I just need figure out the power antenna.

20180610_183416.jpg

20180610_183255.jpg

The fastener is on the front behind the lights if I recall.
It's the worst part about the job, it's also a duh moment the instant you figure it out.
Ive done several radiators on 80s, been a while since the last....think you can get the nut using a universal joint.

Last edited:
The fastener is on the front behind the lights if I recall.
It's the worst part about the job, it's also a duh moment the instant you figure it.
I very done several radiators on 80, been a while since the last....think you can get the nut using a universal joint.
Thank Brian!

Well, not Toyota, but spent the weekend working on getting new seats and a center console into the Yukon to replace the 60/40 bench.

The new seats sat pretty low and had a different bolt pattern, so the 2x4 tubes bolt to the existing holes in the floor with access holes in top for the bolts and then the seats bolt to the top of the tubes. Lots of putting everything in place, marking locations, disassembling everything to drill, putting it all back together to check fitment, more marking, etc…

Seat Brackets Collage.png
Seat Brackets Collage 002.png

Thank Brian!
Hmmm, not sure about the 80 series, but on my 450 ya gotta remove the middle grill and all the headlight marker lamp bezels to get at it. Not really a tough job at all once you get it figured out. Bolt off, bolt on.
Untitled.png

Since my rig is visiting Blair for a few days I thought I'd spruce up the Cruzer House by cleaning and re-coating the floor.
IMG_3677.JPG

those wheels hurt my eyes.
Good to know :flipoff2:

Just kidding, these wheels are on there because,
a) they were free from my Insurance guy.
b) I filled one of the originals with mud when the tire popped off the bead in the big mud hole. Now fixed.
c) truck has stock gearing and I've been baselining the brakes. Wanted a more stock size to get a feel for what I'm working with.
d) @Rics4rnr knows how to make these wheels look great. Maybe he'll post a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom