What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah the average pump aint got that.
Did stuff for tmi last summer or the one before that was 1300 or 1500psi. The pump they gave us for the test didnt mess around getting that pressure either.

Found what we were sorta looking for.....
Pin hole right above the mud ring in about the middle of the knuckle engineers front side of the firebox.

20180519_142242.jpg

I'm trying to pull the flywheel off a Wisconsin VH4D that's likely been on there since it was assembled in the late 70's. Made myself a tool because there are no attachment points on the flywheel to attach a puller. It's still being a stubborn SOB, though.

Grip Slide Hammer Collage.png

FINALLY spent the time and figured out how to attach an OEM air box to my turbo diesel and ditched the dinky K&N.
Modified the top of an HJ air box (which fits the fj62 bucket) to fit the Cobra-Head elbow.

I have not test run it yet, it may be restrictive at high RPM, but it will definitely draw cooler, cleaner air.

IMG_20180521_162005.jpg

IMG_20180521_162019.jpg

IMG_20180522_071853_01.jpg

IMG_20180522_071857_01.jpg

20180521_195552[1].jpg

Helped Mike put the roof rack on his Taco. Can't wait to see the RTT mounted and check it out. The rack is from Front Runner.

20180521_144423[1].jpg

I came across some CL gold that I just couldn't pass up. Buying some things way out of order, but grabbing deals as they come along. Got 5 37x12.50x17 KO2s for $800. Lots of tread left. Sadly, no wheels or suspension to mount them yet :(

Got 5 37x12.50x17 KO2s for $800. Lots of tread left. Sadly, no wheels or suspension to mount them yet :(

37"s are a big commitment...

37"s are a big commitment...

I think I kinda have an idea of what all will be required, but am sure it's always things I don't know about. It will be a process of likely over a year to be ready. Lots of parts to assemble and still the axle re-build to do.

I'm envious that you got to drive one.

I've loved them since I was kid, due to this.

IMG_0448.JPG

I have shifter envy. Ive only got 4. :(

I had to call to ask wtf I needed to do to drive it. The big one is the main shifter, one of the smaller ones is high/low, one for the PTO, and one for forward/reverse. Reverse only works in low, so you have to put the one lever into low, then the other to switch to reverse, then put it into a gear to go backwards. It’s a process to say the least. Not sure what the other lever does, they didn’t say and I didn’t ask lol.

@schmuckster That is a beautiful 40, my o my how i miss mine-- used to take all the doors and top off every season,, turns a lumbering billygoat into a jackrabbit.

hmm, autozone? I'm replacing my front brake pads this AM. The old Autozone Gold pads lasted almost 40,000 miles. I figured why switch to anything else, called em up and ordered a set. Bad news, " they won't be in until 9pm." the good news, "100% warranty for life, come in tomorrow AM and pick up your free pads.. I'm in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom