What are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some maintenance on the silver truck, and semi prep for when its lifted. 230k, time for some new bushings and tie rod ends. Also did a timing belt but did not take pictures of the process

Somehow while using the sawzall I busted my knuckle, didn't feel it till like 5 minutes after unwashed done cutting and the vibration from the sawzall left my hands

@YotaFun and people say grinders are dangerous. I hate sawsalls, If i wanted to experience multiple concussions I would beat my head against the wall. If you have never used one before this is what it shakes you like.:bang: But much faster and you make funny noises if you try and speak.

@jamarquardt22 I've used them before for this particular repair, but the truck was also on a lift then, not close to the concrete like yesterday which didn't help the injury.

If I could have got a cut off wheel in there I would have made that my first choice, but there is not much room to allow the sized wheel to reach the center.

Very nice! Was a little concerned when I read the email notification text without the picture :censor:

Same here! "I'll take 'things you can't say to the general public for $200,' Alex!"

@YotaFun and people say grinders are dangerous. I hate sawsalls, If i wanted to experience multiple concussions I would beat my head against the wall. If you have never used one before this is what it shakes you like.:bang: But much faster and you make funny noises if you try and speak.

Angry beavers

This will totally be the next big thing, all the cool people are doing it.

20180604_171056.jpg

20180604_173037.jpg

Blair, thats for the green 40 i saw in your shop?

Hey David @thegadgetguy , How was GSMTR? I completely spaced out about hooking you up with the Appalachian Cruiser guys :oops:.

Any pics?

picked up what is appearing to be a clean spare head for the 60.
i have my self convinced that it's head is cracked...as they are apparently pretty prone to cracks in their old age.
will get it cleaned up and mag fluxed to check for defects, then pull the head and have it checked...i'd prefer to be able to reuse it, but now have a backup.
the other possible culprit would be a bad oil cooler....either way at nearly 300K miles, a valve job is in order.

852fhead.jpg

@thegadgetguy what dose the plate do?

They flank the existing flanges on the axle and provide reinforcement + pilot holes to drill new holes for the bushings in the radius arms to rotate the axle back to the stock angle after lifting a truck. Here’s a picture of the plates befor I drilled out the new holes - you can see the pilot hole they come with. The holes end up super close to the edge or the original flange on the axle, so the plates add some additional material in that area to keep the bolts from tearing out.

3D87D843-1622-41FB-933B-E251FA16F92E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom