What are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah. Somehow I took too long or didn't refresh and others got in there.
I'm good; fleshing out the garage, tinkering on two 80s, patching up the 62, and somehow there is still forward progress on the Trekker. Oh, and them kiddos, house, you know, the same s*** we all do. How's your TRX4 coming?

I haven't touched it other then playing with it. I did do 2 mods so far. I took off the battery hold down since I didn't buy a traxxas battery. And have a velcro strap I am using with the stock tray. I also rewired the lockers so they activate in the right order. Rear first front second.

I want to work the lexan 4runner body to add a hood scoop and matching dents. Think I could do it with a heat gun? I' also thinking of cutting the top off the back too.

A heat gun will work I bent my stock body removing the stickers. It looks like a big dent. I would use a small tip on the heat gun.

Last edited:
got my junk back together...for the most part.

2F2017.jpg

Slowly but surely struggling through my first transfercase rebuild. The results LOOK good but I’ll withhold judgement until it’s in the truck and I can confirm it runs right...
C6F819C9-332D-4C27-A9B2-7459D53A4AD8.jpeg

87C233A2-7B5F-4430-AFC1-16A6A503A791.jpeg

789EDEC5-DA02-4B10-97EA-10A19C474D0C.jpeg

8FCACD70-F8E8-432A-B4B2-694E2E3F9B1F.jpeg

After that, the transmission will get a quick reseal (hope I don’t regret not rebuilding it too...)

Then - everything will get mounted up behind this:

CA921BE0-7DC1-4750-BA1E-FAEC6B353EED.jpeg

Hoping to have it back together for spring, or summer. Then again, that’s what I said last winter.

The unheated garage at 18 degree weather isn’t particularly motivating.

Looks good have you started it yet?

Several times.
Gone over the head bolts twice.
First time got a little more turn on them, second nothing.
Replaced the hei dissy with a pertronix non usa oem i bought 17 years ago and never got around too...me and electrianing are not the best of friends...but its all good now.
Fighting off the urge to take it for a drive today.

The unheated garage at 18 degree weather isn’t particularly motivating.

Fueled with K1 is a good time.
Will heat my 20x20 garage to 70* in about half an hour.

15146443441161324880884.jpg

This heats about an 4’ area around my work bench to slightly above freezing. Yes, that tub of soapy water is frozen...

F7CE4B78-98A9-410A-988D-0740536A3B25.jpeg

Fueled with K1 is a good time.
Will heat my 20x20 garage to 70* in about half an hour.

View attachment 1599943

Is your garage insulated? I really need to do something like this. The only time I really have to work on projects is throughout the winter. But each year it gets harder to roll around on a concrete floor when there is no heat.

Make sure you have some ventilation or you'll go a bit loopy after a few minutes.

Make sure you have some ventilation or you'll go a bit loopy after a few minutes.

Not so much with k1.
Although i do occasionally open a door.

No idea what K1 is but I do know when I ran either of torpedo heaters I got a headache withing ten minutes. That was running regular kerosene. I can't take it. And my garage has no insulation, built with 12" blocks, and dug into my sloping yard. It really stays cool in the summer but is a bear to heat at all come winter time.

Spent last night doing some minor maintenance. Noticed a occasional “grinding” noise on slower hard braking. I knew pads were getting low, so i ordered up pads and rotors. Even had calipers sent over just in case. Had a hunch a wheel bearing might be at fault, and had one sent over as well. Turns out my hunch was right, had a significant amount of play in the right front.

While it was in the shop i took the time to run a new cb cable. I haven’t been able to get my cb in proper rf range since i bought it, and i suspect the cheap-o cable to be at fault. Wanted to get it ran while my rear seat out from my puppy’s puke-a-poloza. Haven’t got around to tuning yet to see if it did anything, but will report back soon.

F74D9354-52D4-47B0-A6ED-8B7811264CCC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom