What are you guys using to Bluetooth music for the '08-'11 LX570s with Mark Levinson? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

Did a search but nothing quite seemed to match my exact question, and I'm not sure how different (if at all) the first-refresh trucks' ML stereo is to the first-gen LX200s.

While my phone connects to the Bluetooth quickly and seamlessly, I'm forced to use the AUX 3.5mm port to run a cable to my phone for Pandora, Audible, etc. Additionally I can only control audio playback through the phone.

What are some options for connecting sound to the Mark Levinson system?
I don't want to replace the headunit.

Phone is an Android, if that helps the audiophiles!

Thanks,
Tom

This simplest is to get a Bluetooth dongle that stays in your AUX port permanently. Check Amazon for bluetooth to 3.5mm adaptor. There will be a myriad of options.

The extreme is to do something like a GROM VLINE2 that uses your factory head unit but piggy backs an android device to it. You'll have to double check that these devices work with the 08-09 models. But it seems like i saw on the recently that someone was using one on a 09.

10-11 models have bluetooth audio integrated into the OEM head unit.

I will add to what the above posts mentioned...

I used this as the cheap option and it works great, just plug the USB into a flat adapter at the cigarette lighter. Sounds quality was solid and I still use it today in a work vehicle.
EDIT: won't let me post the amazon link, but it is called the....

TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed​

I upgraded to this so I could use the steering wheel controls etc. Again, sounds good and works well. It uses the CD changer plug behind the dash to incorporate into the audio system. Is it worth the money? Honestly, up to you.

I have 2011 lx 570 and it has factory bluetooth streaming support. So I dont understand why you are looking for after market bluetooth streaming integration.
I also have GROM VlINE2 for carplay and it works well for bluetooth streaming as well.

I have 2011 lx 570 and it has factory bluetooth streaming support. So I dont understand why you are looking for after market bluetooth streaming integration.
I also have GROM VlINE2 for carplay and it works well for bluetooth streaming as well.
See post #2, your LX is different than his LX.

See post #2, your LX is different than his LX.
thanks. didn't realized is 08 lx.
Grom Vline is definitely the best option in my opinion as aftermarket and android style stereo units don't seem to last as long as factory system.
But being a 2008, there are also some factory units which started failing at this point. Also the screen may be too fadded or tinted?
I like my grom vline integration.

thanks. didn't realized is 08 lx.
Grom Vline is definitely the best option in my opinion as aftermarket and android style stereo units don't seem to last as long as factory system.
But being a 2008, there are also some factory units which started failing at this point. Also the screen may be too fadded or tinted?
I like my grom vline integration.
I'm shopping for Grom now, just trying to get someone to give me a 15-20% off code since I'm cheap. I'm mostly okay with the stock setup, even with how dated it is. But my feeling is that I'm eventually going to buy a Grom, so I might as well do it sooner rather than later. The only other reasonable option is one of the Alibaba screen replacements that integrates with rest of system and runs on Android. At least with that you get a new screen that's not turned yellow from age.

I know i saw a post once of someone who replaced just thee screen, like took the head unit apart and replaced it, with a new part. Said it really helped refresh the overall look of the dashboard.

I'm shopping for Grom now, just trying to get someone to give me a 15-20% off code since I'm cheap. I'm mostly okay with the stock setup, even with how dated it is. But my feeling is that I'm eventually going to buy a Grom, so I might as well do it sooner rather than later. The only other reasonable option is one of the Alibaba screen replacements that integrates with rest of system and runs on Android. At least with that you get a new screen that's not turned yellow from age.

I know i saw a post once of someone who replaced just thee screen, like took the head unit apart and replaced it, with a new part. Said it really helped refresh the overall look of the dashboard.
yeah, I saw another where a shop asks you to ship the unit to them and they will send back with a new screen.
One tip with grom vline2, if you find grom vline2 for other make/model on ebay for cheap, you can buy it and then get the car make/model specific cable from grom.
The firmware can be easily flashed to make it work with your make/model. I bought an open box item on ebay and realized it doesn't fit my model of lexus. GROM support told me that all I need is a model specific cable and rest of the software (firmware) can be flashed to make it work with my model.

Hit me up if you need help routing cables for antenna and microphone, I routed them to my rear view mirror area, so the gps antenna gets better signal if we decide to use the googlemaps app on the grom (instead of carplay) and the microphone is mounted above the rear view mirror so it doesn't look weird in sight and can catch sound from all directions.

I used this in my 2007 100 series and moved it to my 2008 LX. Works every time but I do not use the mic, my phone connects to the LX HU for phone calls and the BT45 for music.

Amazon product ASIN B0178G5RRE

What about the media plug that's in the bottom of the armrest compartment? Is anyone aware of a Bluetooth adapter to that? In my opinion that would be the best option because it's hidden and when you want to stream Bluetooth music, you just select that option through head unit.

20220928_131845.jpg

20220928_131849.jpg

20220928_131853.jpg

What about the media plug that's in the bottom of the armrest compartment? Is anyone aware of a Bluetooth adapter to that? In my opinion that would be the best option because it's hidden and when you want to stream Bluetooth music, you just select that option through head unit.

View attachment 3126650

View attachment 3126651

View attachment 3126652
I suspect that's aftermarket. Looks like an old apple 30Pin connector. Wonder which input it's connected to .

On the plus size, there appears to be a market to convert that to bluetooth so that people could keep using their old 30pin all in one speakers.

Amazon product ASIN B07G3653DF

Maybe it's this, although doesn't list as compatible with LX570. But i wouldn't be surprised if it works, especially with a pre 2010 model. Not sure what year yours is (although i guess you wouldn't be asking if it was 2010 or later, because you'd already have bluetooth)

Last edited:
I don’t have a media connection in my 2009. Interesting!

I used to use an usb powered 3.5mm plug Bluetooth dongle , but lately have been using the Bluetooth connection offered by my Alpine dsp. That signal never touches the Lexus audio stack at all and gives an almost CarPlay like experience (phone based though)

I have a 2008. It appears to be a stock audio cable in my center console. No indication of aftermarket. I wonder if that unit you posted would work for me.

I would bet that IS and iPod cable. Or something similar for a mid aughts music player. Probably hard wired to the aux input

I would bet that IS and iPod cable. Or something similar for a mid aughts music player. Probably hard wired to the aux input

I just bought this: Amazon product ASIN B07G3653DF
I'll report back if it works.
I briefly thumbed through some forum posts and they said that the Toyota part worked with models that had a SAT button and it replaced the satellite radio feature. But there were other aftermarket kits available that might have provided that connector and connected differently.

I've never used the plug in the center console so I don't even know how to activate the source. I will say I have used the 3.5 Jack through aux and it still works fine. I also have satellite radio active in my truck.
Maybe the headphone jack and center console plug both tie into same aux button and you need to chose using one or the other.

Amazon says my package will be here today....gotta love prime!

Those old 30 pin Apple data cables were an OEM Lexus option that was port or dealer installed. I had one added to my wife’s 2008 RX400h when we bought it new. My son has the same cable in his 2007 RX400h. Back then this was cutting edge technology in the age of phone voice (no data like music) bluetooth technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom