What a Great Idea

Discussion in 'VA/DC/MD- Capital Land Cruiser Club' started by 76FJ40, Mar 10, 2018.

1. 76FJ40

76FJ40 Old Fart SILVER Star

2. Stumpalama

Stumpalama Forum Junkie SILVER Star

I read that thread, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about the idea yet... Maybe I've just grown an aversion to the term "mentor".

3. Stumpalama

Stumpalama Forum Junkie SILVER Star

I'm all for doing intro or novice runs, if we can get guys to show up.
    I think there is also a bit of a solution looking for a problem. If you break the groups down into more manageable sizes you can move better while also giving the newbies opportunities to watch, learn and participate.

4. Jakes40

Jakes40 IH8MUD Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    I think you are right (I hate to admit that) it's a solution looking for a problem. We don't wheel as much as the Keystone club does. (Not by choice.) So there is not as much of an opportunity to mentor.

Stumpalama likes this.
  5. shmukster

shmukster

More manageable sized groups= the need for more trail leaders who are hopefully familiar enough with the trails to be good leaders. Yes, we as a club wheel more of then you guys because we're so fortunate to be close to both Rausch and AAOA. The real issue here is that Keystone now has 73 members, many of whom have never wheeled and/or have newer vehicles that they'd rather not get cosmetically marred. With the weather hopefully improving and allowing more wheeling days up here I see more and more members showing up to wheel. I believe we have enough competent and willing potential trail leaders to make this happen. Might even begin as early as next weekend or in April. Stay tuned!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.