Anyone up for a Taskers gap trail ride before they close in early January? (2 Viewers)

wheeling trip in december?

• December 9 Sat 0700

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • December 16 Sat 0700

• December 23 Sat 0700

• December 30 Sat 0700

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only got one pick! Had a great time.
IMG_3640.jpeg

WHAT!!! Man I am glad it ended up well for you. I doubled back to the water spout on Edinburg Gap Road to fill those 2 20L containers on my rear bumper ( wife swears it makes the best coffee) and was waiting there filling and some lady plowed the guardrail right there in front of us.
I saw a state trooper and like 4 cars pulled over around that area, was wondering what that was all about.

The Bj70 did great! When i went back i kept haulin in second and 4lo to keep ahead of the bronco group. I slowed way down at the end to crawl those switch backs and on the down hill i took the wrong line. I felt it slide and i whacked my head against the b piller pretty good, made me stop and throw a few curse words. Dirt bike rider that was passing me found me after and told me i had gotten it on two wheels and he watched me hit pretty good when it slammed back down. I'm good and the landys good, but i really gotta get the suspension to have some more give. @1MOA you weren't lying when you said these 70s can feel and get tippy!

Side note, made a cup holder for the ride home. Sippin rockstar while snapping necks and listening to limp biscuit and rollin into the sunset.
View attachment 3502789
View attachment 3502819View attachment 3502821

Jake, ride with Ahmad some time if you want to feel tippy.

The Bj70 did great! When i went back i kept haulin in second and 4lo to keep ahead of the bronco group. I slowed way down at the end to crawl those switch backs and on the down hill i took the wrong line. I felt it slide and i whacked my head against the b piller pretty good, made me stop and throw a few curse words. Dirt bike rider that was passing me found me after and told me i had gotten it on two wheels and he watched me hit pretty good when it slammed back down. I'm good and the landys good, but i really gotta get the suspension to have some more give. @1MOA you weren't lying when you said these 70s can feel and get tippy!

Side note, made a cup holder for the ride home. Sippin rockstar while snapping necks and listening to limp biscuit and rollin into the sunset.
View attachment 3502789
View attachment 3502819View attachment 3502821

This tan BJ70 looks familiar.... can't be too many beige bedlined rigs around. From fall crawl last year:

tempImageiDnXBL.png

Being behind it in the group; I did see it on 2 wheels a few times.

This tan BJ70 looks familiar.... can't be too many beige bedlined rigs around.
Yea i bought it from them at the end of the summer, they told me about this group. I originally came to ih8mud cause theres a huge amount of info about the bj70 but then figured i should join a land cruiser group to make this thing more fun.

Yea i bought it from them at the end of the summer, they told me about this group. I originally came to ih8mud cause theres a huge amount of info about the bj70 but then figured i should join a land cruiser group to make this thing more fun.

It's a really cool truck and glad you joined the club. I'll have to comb my dash cam logs. I remember it almost tipping a couple times and then recovering. Might have that on video.

Open diffs and 3.73s?

Open diffs and 3.73s?
Open with 4.11s i think, but i have 2 third members with 4.56s I'm putting in when i get enough free time/space to do an axle swap. One has an lsd and I'll put that in the rear 80 axle i got, the other has a leaking pinion seal. Gonna teach my self how to do gears and replace all the seals and might try to put in an e locker depending on how heavy my wallet is at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom