Go for a drive this Sunday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bkfj40

Wishin i was in Wydaho
SILVER Star
Threads
Leaves are starting out in the mountains of Virginia. Hope you get a chance to get outside this weekend. Let’s see some pics!
F403A9C0-29BD-4BD8-8865-E43044597ABD.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the same question

BK, how long have you had that truck?
It’s my wife’s daily driver. This is her second 100. This one we bought probably probably 10 years ago and we have put on 170,000 miles on it. She is anxious to see the new Land Cruiser in person

I had the same question
I have a thing for blue cruisers :)
I currently have 4 blue ones in the stable - a non running 60, a gx470, this 100 and my banged up 80.

There is very little foliage action in my locale, well west of DC.

On my property, the most reliable tree is a "Fall Fiesta" red maple, and it's not even thinking about changing. "October glory" red maples are even further behind. Sycamores are showing some decent yellows, though.
When I look at the surrounding hills, it's just a wall of green with a only a few pops of color.
Probably won't have any oak action for at least another week or two, as most are still holding onto their acorns.

Are y'all seeing similar?

On my property, the most reliable tree is a "Fall Fiesta" red maple, and it's not even thinking about changing. "October glory" red maples are even further behind. Sycamores are showing some decent yellows, though.
When I look at the surrounding hills, it's just a wall of green with a only a few pops of color.
Probably won't have any oak action for at least another week or two, as most are still holding onto their acorns.

Bull Run Mountain in my backyard is showing some colors changing. Not peak fall yet, but at least starting to turn.

I think so. At least now I know that they yellow tree in the woods is a sycamore, thanks!

I think so. At least now I know that they yellow tree in the woods is a sycamore, thanks!
Huge leaves. The size of a dinner plate. Flaky bark. Typically one of the first large trees to drop their canopy..

Fall Crawl maybe at peak of the fall foliage!

I will think this week will be peak colors. I am in luray and the combination of the dry summer and the rain and drop in temps ( went to mid 30's over night last week) Is making all the trees turn quicker and all at the same time. You can see the trees above 600ft have already started.

I bet you’re right @1MOA Definitely needed the cooler nights to get the leaves changing. I’m thinking at our house at 1,900 feet, the leaves are past peak. Got out to idaho this week for a bit and leaves already turned of course. I’m getting old. Next thing you know I’ll be birding and watching for a tufted titmouse

5D31C143-801B-4DA6-873B-7D18CE46E76E.jpeg

A53176C7-93F4-4ECC-85EB-40307FA45595.jpeg

FBDCEF47-8224-4E85-BAA4-69D36A79496B.jpeg

We're staying the night at Skyland. Apparently there's a fire around Big Meadow so we're going to head back North in the morning and cut over 211 to 29 to go back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom