Anyone up for a Taskers gap trail ride before they close in early January? (2 Viewers)

wheeling trip in december?

• December 9 Sat 0700

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • December 16 Sat 0700

• December 23 Sat 0700

• December 30 Sat 0700

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
Not sure if anyone is interested in a Taskers gap run one day before they close sometime in early January.
I know we usually do a Flagpole trip in February but perhaps some people want to get away from the holiday crowds for a day of light wheeling
If you have never been it is accessible from the Edinburg Gap parking area and runs north 7 miles. This run is very stock friendly and other than a few rocks that you can avoid is a great trail for people who have little to no off road experience. You can throw your ride in 4wd and play a little bit with the crowd and a few of the members can show you some basic techniques and possibly some recovery tips such as how to safely use a winch etc..
I am spoken for on 2 December ( Sat) but if anyone is interested lets see what we can do.

depends on the weekend I’d be own for it.

Saturdays in December are out for me...catering business and holiday month.

I wanna go actually, its about an hour away from me and I've only ever done it on dirtbikes. I was gonna wait to take out the little 70, but i wanna see what this thing can do stock(ish). Things got 70hp, maybe, probably closer to like 50. actually probably less. 5 speed manual, never wheeled a manual, only autos in the past. 4.11 gears with 35s, so it is way under geared and lets you know everytime you hit the throttle. Main heater doesn't work and radiators got a drip, but yea i wanna take it out and see what i can do with this thing before i start building it. No winch, but i'll bring my own recovery gear and air compressor, this things still leaf sprung so i'll need to air down close to single digits. If you hear me cussing its because it has no cup holders and i like to drink hot tea.

landy.jpg

I'd tentatively be down to do it on the 16th, but 0700 is kinda early for me. If anyone's interested in doing it later in the day, I might be able to get some people together.

Later is always better.

December 16th is Wreathes Across America. I’ll be at Arlington National Cemetery. Any other weekend would probably work. @TRDdrew has discussed doing something like a toy drive for Toys for Tots? we can do something similar.

Say "Hi" to my parents while you are there.
I hope they've got a good spot, Ed. My dad is close to the entrance and close to a road. Not the most scenic of spots but easy to get to. It's amazing how much it had filled in around him when I went back to visit after only 6 months. Now pretty much the entire field is full.

I'd tentatively be down to do it on the 16th, but 0700 is kinda early for me. If anyone's interested in doing it later in the day, I might be able to get some people together.
7:00 too early??? C'mon man!

I'd be up for it, but no way for a 0700 start. Maybe 0900, it's 90-120 minutes away from D.C. metro, right?

Ya I’m only 40 minutes and I say 9:00 also.

I hope they've got a good spot, Ed. My dad is close to the entrance and close to a road. Not the most scenic of spots but easy to get to. It's amazing how much it had filled in around him when I went back to visit after only 6 months. Now pretty much the entire field is full.
M&D are close to the entrance and a few rows from the road. I guess they are your dad's neighbors. Yes, it did fill up quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom