Anyone up for a Taskers gap trail ride before they close in early January? (1 Viewer)

wheeling trip in december?

• December 9 Sat 0700

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • December 16 Sat 0700

• December 23 Sat 0700

• December 30 Sat 0700

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like we have 2 people for every weekend!

i put the 30th just to make it even harder to choose, the 16th would be the only day that would harder for me to work but all other days i can do

I may join you guys on the 30th. Looks like you need to get a permit ahead of time.

I may join you guys on the 30th. Looks like you need to get a permit ahead of time.
yea we used to just stop at the exxon station and pick up a day permit for $5, i think the price went up to 10 now but not sure, you get a wrist band and then go on up to the parking area

*edit*
This is a Shell station not a 7/11

We can meet at 7/11 (just off 81) @ 9am caravan up to the trail head.

7-11 Inc. Store 28429, 340 W Reservoir Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664. (540)459-4800, Hours: Open 24 hours
F85778EE-5D91-4153-AAB9-BBD8D31B45C1.png

Last edited:
If anyone coming to Peters Mill and has a Radio we will use CLCC channel 1 or freq 462.550

Had a nice time this AM. Weather was about perfect and no one had any issues.
On a side note if you remember this spring the Forestry service said they were tired of the damage that the side by side crowd was doing to the open area on the north end of the trail. …. Well they fixed the issue by dropping 5 ton boulders everywhere to close off the area.
I guess we should be happy they didn’t manage the access with a padlock.

IMG_4220.jpeg

It

IMG_4233.png

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4224.jpeg

Last edited:
The Bj70 did great! When i went back i kept haulin in second and 4lo to keep ahead of the bronco group. I slowed way down at the end to crawl those switch backs and on the down hill i took the wrong line. I felt it slide and i whacked my head against the b piller pretty good, made me stop and throw a few curse words. Dirt bike rider that was passing me found me after and told me i had gotten it on two wheels and he watched me hit pretty good when it slammed back down. I'm good and the landys good, but i really gotta get the suspension to have some more give. @1MOA you weren't lying when you said these 70s can feel and get tippy!

Side note, made a cup holder for the ride home. Sippin rockstar while snapping necks and listening to limp biscuit and rollin into the sunset.
1000003043.jpg

1000003040.jpg
1000003042.jpg

The Bj70 did great! When i went back i kept haulin in second and 4lo to keep ahead of the bronco group. I slowed way down at the end to crawl those switch backs and on the down hill i took the wrong line. I felt it slide and i whacked my head against the b piller pretty good, made me stop and throw a few curse words. Dirt bike rider that was passing me found me after and told me i had gotten it on two wheels and he watched me hit pretty good when it slammed back down. I'm good and the landys good, but i really gotta get the suspension to have some more give. @1MOA you weren't lying when you said these 70s can feel and get tippy!

Side note, made a cup holder for the ride home. Sippin rockstar while snapping necks and listening to limp biscuit and rollin into the sunset.
View attachment 3502789
View attachment 3502819View attachment 3502821
WHAT!!! Man I am glad it ended up well for you. I doubled back to the water spout on Edinburg Gap Road to fill those 2 20L containers on my rear bumper ( wife swears it makes the best coffee) and was waiting there filling and some lady plowed the guardrail right there in front of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom