Weber 38 DGAS kit Man A Fre (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jefcur

SILVER Star
Threads
Wondering if anyone has done a recent install of the Man A Fre Weber 38/38 kit? I have a 75 FJ40 and ordered a kit for that year. Any issues with the installation or lessons learned? Looks pretty straight forward and I figure my jetting will need some work.

My experience with a Weber was taking it off and replacing with OEM. Always ran rich, was picky about fuel pressure and could never get rid of a stumble.
Sorry, but my advice would be cancel the order and look into a good rebuild on a stock carb.

My experience with a Weber was taking it off and replacing with OEM. Always ran rich, was picky about fuel pressure and could never get rid of a stumble.
Sorry, but my advice would be cancel the order and look into a good rebuild on a stock carb.
Thanks for the reply. I already have the carb and have delt with Weber carbs in the past. You are not the first one to suggest OEM and I will keep that in mind.

Best thing i did was throw them away....had them on both my 75 and 87...even on their best days, nothing conpares to how they run now with non usa oem carbs.

I worked in a land cruiser shop in high school and college so drove lots of cruisers, never drove one with a Weber that ran well. I would not mess with it and go with OEM. I haven't touched my rebuilt OEM carb since I put it on in 2004 and I drive it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom