Fj40 Weber 38, cable and pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally installed the cable and pedal to match the Weber carb.

Original carb and cleaner set up were long gone when i picked her up in 2009. Had a small Carter on there.

Throttle had to push/pull rods and linkages and so was a lot of slop in gas pedal. Enough to make it very difficult to control throttle on bumpy terrain. I have had the linkages come loose twice leaving me with no gas pedal mid obstacle

VERY happy with new smooth pedal response.

Still wish i could find one of these "stops" pictured.

Needed the cable stop bracket on carb. I could find no info on install, but pics showed me where to bolt in. Had to flip the throttle cam so cable could pull instead of rod pushing it.

Only drilled 2 small holes. One for cable stop coming through firewall, other for second upper mounting
bolt of pedal.

Those 2 bolts for firewall were in place holding down nothing, so i drilled through between them and flipped them to bolt in from engine bay. Perfect spot. I had to "winnow" the bolt holes in the black plastic so that it would fit over the tacked on backing "nuts."

Weber 38 DGAS with HEI dizzy and headers. Desmogged. Timed by ear. Original fuel pump with inline regulator. Daily driver.
Man she punches above her class when i hit that pedal.
VERY HAPPY WITH MY WEBER!!

I haven't checked compression in 10 years🤗 but was 125 across the board.

IMHO it seems the weber is extremely tunable. I have to make it match my engine. But when i take that time i get a big payoff in term of performance.

I also had atoo small air cleaner on it at first. Was from the 32/36 progressive. When it got dirty, truck started to stumble in the am especially while choke was warming up.

Loving my rig!! Have done front discs, knuckles, bearings front and back, springs,etc over these past three years. It is such a blend of shiny and crusty. Love that i still have the "old car smell" 😁

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom