Warn 5721 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is a warn 5721 winch worth restoring? Is it a period correct winch for a 1967 FJ? Factory option? It’s cable actuated and has controls mounted under the dash. I do not have a controller for the outside plug. Currently not working, but haven’t really tried messing with it yet.

97849DE0-43F3-45AF-89E8-0A2747BE0806.jpeg

A621083F-5FA0-4A9B-8738-4100F954BBFB.jpeg

218FFCF4-CBC6-4E84-B8A9-BE4DC046C5C6.jpeg

B7421AC5-4AC7-4AE7-97E0-D2A835EF42F0.jpeg

Thanks for that link. I’m going to try and play with it tomorrow now that I know how it’s supposed to work.

@GHalll is correct, it's a 5687. Yup worth refurbing in my opinion. I have read that they aren't great winches but they sure look cool! :clap: Particularly if you want period correct. This is mine:

image-jpeg.1205133

I would if it's not too far gone. It'd likely even fit a stronger motor if you were so inclined.

I would if it's not too far gone. It'd likely even fit a stronger motor if you were so inclined.

They look fantastic when the housing is polished. I would restore it if you don't wheel your rig. If you go offload much it will get pretty old not being able to power in and out. Those winches only power in. The super cool factor with yours is you have the original controls and everything. If it is a restoration I would go for it.

Here is an old brochure that shows that winch as a dealer option. Doesn’t look like you have the bumper - I was lucky when I bought mine it had the correct bumper too (as pictured).

Dig around my thread you can see my refurb on the winch. You will likely need to get new control cables for it as the housings look shot just like mine did. I got cables from Napa that work fine they are made with stainless housings vs the blue ones that are original.

Also, look up @Kayaker he was a big help to me in the install.

C0B9C8F2-6EE8-4CBD-8BAF-853B4D344857.jpeg

Here is an old brochure that shows that winch as a dealer option. Doesn’t look like you have the bumper - I was lucky when I bought mine it had the correct bumper too (as pictured).

Dig around my thread you can see my refurb on the winch. You will likely need to get new control cables for it as the housings look shot just like mine did. I got cables from Napa that work fine they are made with stainless housings vs the blue ones that are original.

Also, look up @Kayaker he was a big help to me in the install.

View attachment 1576442
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom