Wait...that costs what now??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found out that there is a plastic shortage the other day. What's behind that??
Not sure, but plastic is a petroleum-based product. It may be that plastic widget manufacturers cannot be profitable, so they have chosen to shut down the plants.

Priced out HREW 1.75 x.120 wall x20 foot sticks X3. About $6.80 a foot. ( DOM is $8.50 per foot)

4’x8’ sheet of 20 gushed sheet $150

Total $590 plus another $100 in diesel to go get it between Greensboro and Winston Salem.

This material is to tube the back half of the black mini since I cut off the bed which was impractical and beat to crap.

Hey Del, some drawings from my truggy project. check out the thread for pics of most of it together, back half at least.

Build thread

6295354584_94a806b47f_b.jpg

6268744511_d14b09060c_b.jpg

Yeah. Def have checked out that thread once or twice.

I really want to 4 link my red mini. Just don’t want to pull the trigger right now because it is so hard to get coilovers right now.

would you complain if your vendors of any kind added a fuel charge these days?

would you complain if your vendors of any kind added a fuel charge these days?
Tough call. I retained and earned a lot of business after Katrina because I specifically did not add a fuel/distance/misc charge when fuel was expensive and hard to find (and I managed to retain 50-75% of those new clients until I stopped tracking it 3 years later, but that's not related to the question). The increase then was nowhere near what has happened in the last 6-8 months so I'm gonna say I wouldn't complain, unless the vendor has been adding transpo increases consistently throughout the fuel increases. In that case, I wouldn't necessarily complain but I'd damn sure ask some questions if it was a long time vendor with whom I had great history. That doesn't mean I wouldn't agree with their thoughts but it would give them a chance to make me feel good about their decision.

1656613519132.png

Money laundering, one of the subjects they teach us in high school in Miami as everyone does it. Get your budy to put up a crapcan on BAT, get your friends to help you drive the bid up to $100K, you pay each of them $2K, you clear $96K of that dirty cash you found in the apartment next door.

Tough call. I retained and earned a lot of business after Katrina because I specifically did not add a fuel/distance/misc charge when fuel was expensive and hard to find (and I managed to retain 50-75% of those new clients until I stopped tracking it 3 years later, but that's not related to the question). The increase then was nowhere near what has happened in the last 6-8 months so I'm gonna say I wouldn't complain, unless the vendor has been adding transpo increases consistently throughout the fuel increases. In that case, I wouldn't necessarily complain but I'd damn sure ask some questions if it was a long time vendor with whom I had great history. That doesn't mean I wouldn't agree with their thoughts but it would give them a chance to make me feel good about their decision.
Thanks for those thoughts @JohnVee . Fuel cost jumped about 40% running a bunch of those ISUZU NPR W-3500. $155.00 a day each

Thanks for those thoughts @JohnVee . Fuel cost jumped about 40% running a bunch of those ISUZU NPR W-3500. $155.00 a day each
Blech. I should have also stated that I have no current dog in this show since I'm not working anymore but I now have a $300 round trip between home and my most frequent, and necessary, spot. 80 or 100...doesn't matter but a couple bucks.

I have 20 cents per gallon on my fleet gas card. Still hard to believe that last year was half that.

911AC73C-501D-4FA8-8C65-7FA749E9F25B.jpeg

BDBF4944-1A7A-4312-A4C3-3A2290C3B2B1.jpeg

@roadstr6 I refer to Homesteading regarding that pesky prepper designation. Prepper is so new age.
Funny how it only took a generation or so for hedging your bets against hard times to go from normal to “crazy”.

$1,100+ pp to fly from RDU to Cancun now. Insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom