Unofficial Cruise Moab April 18-21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've camped in da'40. It sucks.
@pappy I just saw your signature. I’m thinking about selling my 1969 as well, and also have pre-seller’s remorse. 🤣 I’m thinking about buying another Land Cruiser, and for some *crazy* reason my wife thinks 3 old Land Cruisers would be too many.

Does it suck so much you would rather stay at home. I am driving a ratty looking 45 on its first camping trip. I hope it doesn’t suck.

@pappy I just saw your signature. I’m thinking about selling my 1969 as well, and also have pre-seller’s remorse. 🤣 I’m thinking about buying another Land Cruiser, and for some *crazy* reason my wife thinks 3 old Land Cruisers would be too many.
Yeah, she's crazy. I have 2 Land Cruisers and 3 4Runners. The one LC that doesn't run is stored at my dad's house. Out of sight, out of mind. The rest all run and are registered. The Insurance company loves me. My wife hasn't tried to convince me we have too many. And right now one of the 4Runners in down for repairs so having the extra vehicles means people just have to do some vehicle juggling to still get to school and work.

You've gone soft old man. You don't have a tent, sleeping bag and Coleman camping stove? Full disclosure, I don't even go camping without a trailer anymore.

I’ll be in Moab the 15th and 16th then return the 18th and 19th. Plan on camping. I’ll be in my FZJ60 on 35s and my son will be in his 2002 taco. Would be nice to meet up somewhere
You're welcome to join us running the Lockhart Basin trail, all pertinent info is up above.

Post #31
Post in thread 'Unofficial Cruise Moab April 18-21' Unofficial Cruise Moab April 18-21 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/unofficial-cruise-moab-april-18-21.1334822/post-15412163

Last edited:

Does it suck so much you would rather stay at home. I am driving a ratty looking 45 on its first camping trip. I hope it doesn’t suck.
Wait till you guys see the gutless rust bucket I’m chugging up there! But she’s got Moxie!
1712851360586.png

Unfortunately I can't make Moab this time, but thinking about it reminded me of some of the old timers, and classic pics by Fish. I found some:

Unfortunately I can't make Moab this time, but thinking about it reminded me of some of the old timers, and classic pics by Fish. I found some:
Great pictures! Looks like you all had fun.

Met Fish and wife for lunch today before they headed south for a camping trip.

My name is Chris, I have a 2022 tacoma with a brand new Alu Cab Canopy that I can’t wait to get out and use. I’ll be headed out with Ali on Thursday the 18th from Abq. Super stoked I could make this trip.
Welcome Chris.

My name is Chris, I have a 2022 tacoma with a brand new Alu Cab Canopy that I can’t wait to get out and use. I’ll be headed out with Ali on Thursday the 18th from Abq. Super stoked I could make this trip.
Welcome, Chris. Nice Taco. Good to have another Rio Rancho Toyota. I'm in the Enchanted Hills ( Encrusted Hills, LOL) area:steer:
You will really enjoy this trip and with Ali, leading the way, well, expect some fun.
Good group to be with.

Last edited:
Welcome Chris, look forward to meeting you on the trip.

Looking forward to meeting you Chris! See you Thursday morning. Nice Tacoma!

We did Lockhart Basin last year and wow the last part coming down the canyon was rough, we pretty much belly flopped over a huge rock. Even with lockers, I don't think we would have made it going up instead without a winch. Just beware that if you haven't gone in a few years it is more challenging than before.

Here are a couple videos from last year that shows what I'm talking about:

There are also some difficult ledges when going south to north:

Have fun!

Here's the same spot when I ran it a few years ago, stacking rocks got us through no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom