Unobtainium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, well some of us use our parts, not just display them 😝
IMG_3980.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have a model this came off of? Sure it's not just a standard shift knob that's been covered with leather. Guess could be off a 60 series GX or VX from another market. Just never seen one.

This is the correct shift knob for the 40 series. I would straighten the RHD bend in the H55F BJ42RV shift cane I have if this was still available verses the 60 series style.
View attachment 3006843

Five speed leather shift knobs are fairly cheap.
Here is one on eBay for under $20 and taking offers for less.
looks just like knob off the w5x trans from 80s pick ups.

Quick everyone sell their NOS ones before the market drops!

Where are those coming from?

Aisin just told me that've discontinued BMT-230, the master cylinder used for '76 to '80 FJ40. I almost spilled my lunch. If you're a vendor carrying Aisin, please send feedback to their management to express that this is one item they cannot discontinue. I've already done so, but we need more voices.

IMG_2177.jpg

Aisin just told me that've discontinued BMT-230, the master cylinder used for '76 to '80 FJ40. I almost spilled my lunch. If you're a vendor carrying Aisin, please send feedback to their management to express that this is one item they cannot discontinue. I've already done so, but we need more voices.

View attachment 3082589

Because of the switches, it would be preventative to switch to the later model ?

T

The 80+ single reservoir unit. Side line exit for OE front discs, top line exit for OE front drums which was not US spec

the issue is see there is it does NOT come with the needed float sensor equipped cap ?

so how is the lack of that addressed ...........

there DISC. / Available

i have been working on a OEM or otherwise solution there for some time , and i have hit a brick wall with emails to and from AISIN / ADVICS USA or Japan period .....

AISIN / ADVICS does not want to play ball it seams ? :confused:

simply sadd..........

Aisin just told me that've discontinued BMT-230, the master cylinder used for '76 to '80 FJ40.

How about appealing to the 'Heritage Parts Program' for this?

In US vernacular, perhaps. Other countries use a calender year (which is the 1st of January of a year to the 31st of December) as the year to denote the model year. We are discussing Japanese designed and made products, which were exported to the US and other countries then, as they are now.

Since we are looking at a part, specifically a European, Australian or General Countries spec part while not forgetting that exports to the US of FJ40's had almost stopped at this time, the US year model designation practice is very much irrelevant to the conversation and brings us no closer to a resolution. You wight want to keep that in mind before being technical.

Whilst we are being technical, the top exit single reservoir for Europe lists as having started in December 79, which according to your technical argument makes me right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom