Unobtainium (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_9827.JPG

Opening a new subject (hopefully not a can of worms :confused:).

I've been looking to add a dizzy to the store line-up, and found this one. It's a non-USA dizzy; however, unlike the other ones you may have seen, this one is fully electronic, and it's OEM. The original application is for a carburated 3F (as opposed to a fuel injected 3FE), as found in some 70 Series. In that sense it's very similar to the @Trollhole dizzy, which is also a 2F / 3F dizzy.

Just wanna get some initial thoughts from the dizzy gurus here. If necessary, I can start a separate thread.

Since OEM parts to rebuild U.S. electronic dizzies are NLA, I would think there would be a market for them.

I do wonder if the 3F, having a shorter stroke than the 2F, takes a different advance curve than the 2F.

I can understand that Marshall but I have to say I really liked my TH dizzy AND the electronic one I got from you later. Oh, did I mention how well that TH carb is doing a few years into the game? Thanks for what you do.
:clap:

I have new OEM soft door WS I would send to Roger to repro.

The 3f dizzy sounds great, I thought however for some reason it won't work in the 2f.....but I may not
be wrong

How about the 45 pickup rear tub to cab rubber, the corner spacers are available but not the center piece

I have new OEM soft door WS I would send to Roger to repro.

The 3f dizzy sounds great, I thought however for some reason it won't work in the 2f.....but I may not
be wrong

How about the 45 pickup rear tub to cab rubber, the corner spacers are available but not the center piece

X2 on the 45 tub to can center piece.

@Dan Fredrickson is suppose to have the 45 rear center gasket in the works. I'm waiting on him to take deliver of his first units for my truck. I think he is expecting them this week.

be wrong

Most of the aftermarket dizzies are advertised as "2F 3F", so it sounds like it's interchangeable. One difference I noticed from the @Trollhole unit is that the TH dizzy has an additional harness with leads going to the coil.

@Racer65 Roger I have an old 45 gasket that will not be returning to use on my truck. It has a couple of issues but I believe it will still work as a good pattern. If you're interested let me know.

@Racer65 Roger I have an old 45 gasket that will not be returning to use on my truck. It has a couple of issues but I believe it will still work as a good pattern. If you're interested let me know.
Let's see what Dan comes up with. I'd definitely like to borrow your piece if it's not already being made.

The dissy is unusual in that it looks like a 75-newer points dissy and it has a condenser, but is electronic?

Is there an external amplifier (ignitor)?

If you have an extra, send it to me and I'll spin it up and plot the advance curve to compare to non- smog F & 2F.

It would be good to have a new OEM quality dissy, since there are no parts available for the current dissys in the USA.

My 77 FJ40 is all original under the hood all ignition parts work except vacuum advance. Everything on my vehicle is how it came from the factory except for paint and upholstery and wear items. I would love to field test test your dizzy. Hint Hint

The dissy is unusual in that it looks like a 75-newer points dissy and it has a condenser, but is electronic?

Is there an external amplifier (ignitor)?

If you have an extra, send it to me and I'll spin it up and plot the advance curve to compare to non- smog F & 2F.

It would be good to have a new OEM quality dissy, since there are no parts available for the current dissys in the USA.

Well Jim, unfortunately you're right. I only looked under the cover today and it's indeed points inside. Darn it! All of the aftermarket 3F dizzies being sold out there are electronic, so I was under the silly assumption that would be the case with OEM. Oh well, carry on.

Actually, given the finding, could this model potentially offer some advantage over the brown cap one? Being of FJ70 origin, it's a newer production. I'd still be interested in sending one to you if you're up for it.

IMG_9880.JPG

had that feeling from the hold down clamps vrs the screw style

amazing points in a 3F, that was what 1988?

had that feeling from the hold down clamps vrs the screw style

amazing points in a 3F, that was what 1988?

It was seen as late as 1992. Part # 19100-61180. The overall build quality is amazing. It may be the last generation of OEM dizzy still available that can work on a 2F.

IMG_9822.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmm.......Can you still get the 19100-61080 dizzy? The reason I ask, should anything happen to my TH Dizzy, I was going to purchase the 19100-61080 Toyota points dizzy. But I would remove the points and install the Petronix #91662 kit.

Maybe you can install the Petronix in the 19100-61180 dizzy to make it electronic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom