Unobtainium (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, those advancers (the non-octane selector type) must be available as they show up on Aussie sites occasionally and are obviously available for production runs. Trouble is the cost makes it almost foolish not to simply replace the whole distributor. Unless of course one wants to keep every as original as possible.

VACUUM ADVANCE UNIT SUIT TOYOTA CORONA HILUX 18R CRESSIDA 5M LANDCRUISER 2F 3F | eBay

That dealer will not ship to the USA, btw...

But if you can get them, I would buy one! :D

Maybe you can install the Petronix in the 19100-61180 dizzy to make it electronic?

All brand-new parts and electronic. That would be a great kit!

My CA spec 8/77 has a different canister with 2 vacuum line ports. I wonder if I can still drop in the 61180 and add a T connector for both vacuum lines? Or is mine different?
View attachment 1338989

The 61180 will not be smog Compliant for 76 and newer Kalif but would work just fine. Some creative vacuum tube routing might make it look good enough to pass the visual, though.

Yea, creative routing. They don't pay so much attention that you can't get away with an extra 'T' junction.

IPTman, that dissy is both vacuum advance (yay) and vac retard (boo!).
To use the 1977 USA Fed (not Cali) vac advance only dissy, just remove the hose going to vac retard and cap it at the source.

What you can't do is "cap it at the source". They'll flag that for sure.

You can, however run lines with 'T's to wherever you want and put BBs in the lines you don't want to be active. To get proper vacuum advance for a '77 you need to port the carb.

Showing some ignorance here.... which is the retard? Also, should I cap the retard vac line and port on my Cali distributor now?

Don't cap it, just put a BB in it. It will still pass smog that way.

What you can't do is "cap it at the source". They'll flag that for sure. Don't cap it, just put a BB in it. It will still pass smog that way.
Excellent point. A BB is as good as a cap.

To get proper vacuum advance for a '77 you need to port the carb.

The 77-78 carbs have 2 ported vac fittings already. In the Toyota nomenclature they are #5 & #13. #5 is the primary driver of vac advance, w/ #13 running EGR.

What are the chances of getting the b/3b air intake hose #2 reproduced ? Part number 17882-56020. Other than getting lucky with a second hand one I cannot source one anywhere.

Just a tiny piece of additional info. Apparently the 61080 can also come with a black cap. I guess Toyota may have gone to a single colour.

-Geoff

20161022_181421.jpg

How different is the b/3B air intake hose from the 2H air intake hose shown below?

View attachment 1342971

The B/2B/3B hose is actually 3 pieces. There are two hoses and a metal tube that connects them. I also think the length is longer than the 2H hose by 1-2". The air cleaner end also bends towards the air cleaner as opposed to the straight 2H hose. I didn't take mine off to confirm the hose diameters, but I think the end closest to the air cleaner is larger (~3") than the Venturi end (~2").

IMG_4660.JPG

FWIW, the black dissy caps are from Denso non-Japan production. Not sure where they are made now, but probably East-Asia.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom