Builds Unicorns are real... My dream car FJ73 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The already made units are nice, but with your skills it seems like a one off custom piece with multi-layered drawers for a nice kitchen set up and would allow you to utilized the space more efficiently 🤨

Every so often I like to use the easy button...

Is it accurate that they do not lock?
Dude! You can LS swap a 70 series, put portals on an 80 series, veneer an antique pool table and you can't install a F*%$in' lock in a set of drawers?

Just kidding, mine have a lock on them. I'd get a single drawer and just put a fridge slide on the floor next to it. When I use the included slide on my drawers, the fridge is so high my wife can't get into it.

Crikey, they're huge!

Dude! You can LS swap a 70 series, put portals on an 80 series, veneer an antique pool table and you can't install a F*%$in' lock in a set of drawers?

Just kidding, mine have a lock on them. I'd get a single drawer and just put a fridge slide on the floor next to it. When I use the included slide on my drawers, the fridge is so high my wife can't get into it.

Crikey, they're huge!

My wife couldn't see into the fridge either way. I would need to mount it under the axle for that to work..... FUA. Fridge Under Axle

Last edited:
The already made units are nice, but with your skills it seems like a one off custom piece with multi-layered drawers for a nice kitchen set up and would allow you to utilized the space more efficiently 🤨

I was trying to use the easy button and not make something... and the price seemed reasonable. $1000, all in to my door.

Well, it was not meant to be.... and I likely will have to make something now.....

The measurements on both the vendor I used and the manufacturers website were not accurate.... and not off by a little!! Got it home and it will not fit between the wheel wells, as it is over 41" wide. actual dimensions are 41.3(wide)x39.9(deep)x10.3"(tall). Notice they did not get one of them right below....

I might go ahead and do a review of the quality and make a video as there really is not anything else out there on these drawers...

asd.png

I was trying to use the easy button and not make something... and the price seemed reasonable. $1000, all in to my door.

Well, it was not meant to be.... and I likely will have to make something now.....

The measurements on both the vendor I used and the manufacturers website were not accurate.... and not off by a little!! Got it home and it will not fit between the wheel wells, as it is over 41" wide. actual dimensions are 41.3(wide)x39.9(deep)x10.3"(tall). Notice they did not get one of them right below....

I might go ahead and do a review of the quality and make a video as there really is not anything else out there on these drawers...

View attachment 3280093
Well that sucks, you would think that they would round up on the size if they are going to only get close 🤷‍♂️

I have looked at those more than once.
Thanks for the warning.

Made a little video about the system

I started the learn this CAD program

E47976AB-ECE5-467E-ACA2-6BF88E29356E.jpeg

CA7E241C-51C6-4EE2-BCDF-2BFE9CCD3F57.jpeg

0E683442-5594-43A6-8B9B-E333DECD59EC.jpeg

Made a little video about the system

I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money those Bulldog drawers come out of the same factory and are all the same components as my Dobinson's.

Started working on the rear bumper swing outs. Thank goodness my son is an Engineer…..

IMG_9617.jpeg

IMG_9619.jpeg

IMG_9628.jpeg

IMG_9627.jpeg

Will be watching this. I would love to but can’t afford a full cruiser outfitters rear bumper, but would like to
To the tie in like this.

Dang your going all fancy on us🤣 still trying to finish mine, but somehow work keeps calling me in🙄

I have found you either have time to do project, or money to do projects, but rarely both....

I say when you have time, use every bit and go into debt some if you have to... soon enough you will be too busy to have shop time.

Started working on the rear bumper swing outs. Thank goodness my son is an Engineer…..

View attachment 3312785

View attachment 3312786

View attachment 3312787

View attachment 3312788
I used a front wheel hub for a nissan Altima for my swingout bearing pivot ($30 for a pair on Amazon). You can make a swingout that holds your spare, 2X 5gallon cans, highlift, shovel, tow strap and only cover your right rear door so you can still access the back without opening the swingout........but you must put your tail lights in the bumper. I had a spain model and this was already the case so it was a must do for me.

Got a little done this morning…. Have to head to the hardware store to get some pieces. That centerpiece is just for testing purposes eventually it will be 3/16 plate.
In case anyone is wondering.... the DOM tubing was left over from a family cage on my FJ40 project that METALTECH makes.
IMG_9634.jpeg

IMG_9635.jpeg

in

Last edited:
First try with the flat plate on the swing out in the middle of the tubes did not go very well, needed to have more angle on the thing so there’s less movement, second try works pretty good…. What do you think?

IMG_9637.jpeg

IMG_9638.jpeg

I added the bumpers, found these energy suspension pieces, always liked their flexible rubber mounts. Pretty sure these are for an early jeep.

IMG_9648.jpeg

IMG_9647.jpeg

IMG_9646.jpeg

Finally back to working on the bumper….. decided to add on to my shop so that’s been taking up a lot of time.

IMG_9768.jpeg

IMG_9747.jpeg

IMG_9661.jpeg

Garage up so time to get back on this project to be ready for SAS…. got the swing out parts for rear bumper powdercoated. Largest parts I have ever done in my oven.

IMG_0133.jpeg

IMG_9912.jpeg

Last edited:
Progress

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom