Help with 3F Carb Vac lines (Australia FJ73) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
Im having difficulty un-fking the spaghetti monster Vac Lines on my 3F.
I have seen various discussions on the FJ60 routing, but there are so many conflicting diagrams and info!
I have a 1986 3F FJ73, with power steer, air con (not working...) and Auto A440f
The carb has a diaphragm actuator assembly that appears to be an "idle up' device which has a vac solenoid to send neg pressure and pull up the revs when the AC is on (the wiring is shot, the solenoid is too, but the vac lines are going everywhere)
THere is also a choke altering device, looks like it should disconnect the choke at some point? It has been fiddled with and not working correctly. Its almost like the previous owner had adjusted this to fix an idle problem.
There is no egr
two canister devices for fumes or purging (fuel tank vapour?)

I have searched the 3F engine manual and nothing really helps, I may need to look at a parts diagram or some sort of manual to sort it out!

Does anyone have pics of a correctly routed setup?

toyodiy

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 22.49.45.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 22.49.57.png

Hello,

I might be stating the obvious here.

You have to set up an account to view the diagrams.

Juan

Last edited:
Thankyou Juan, I thought I was doing something wrong!
Unfortunately in the sign up process I cannot view the 'captcha' security image, my pc is quite archaic.

I did however get some momentum in fixing things up while reading this thread:
How many different vacuum ports on Aisan (3)F carburetor? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-many-different-vacuum-ports-on-aisan-3-f-carburetor.1281939/

And finally some significant progress (setting idle, timing, and mixture) from this thread:
Toyota 3F engine repair manual - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/toyota-3f-engine-repair-manual.281158/post-14885683
Which basically contains a 3F Engine Repair Manual Dec 1984 and has an incredible amount of useful info (Thanks Javaman)
FJ75RV F_3F_1985-1988_70-73-75 engine.pdf (this may need to be put in the Resources section...)

On a side note, Javaman has some incredible footage of his mechanical repairs, plus some inspirational exploration material!
FirstLight Adv - YouTube Channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom