U.S soft top possibility version 2 east coast (1 Viewer)

What window configuration would you prefer in an OEM style soft top ?

• No windows

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3 solid windows :1per side, 1 back

Votes: 75 28.4%
  • 5 window : split side windows, 1 solid back

Votes: 70 26.5%
  • 7 windows : split side windows, 3 back windows

Votes: 101 38.3%
  • More than 1 type, I have multiple 'Cruisers

Votes: 15 5.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you need a late model softtop and bows to measure off of, let me know, its brand new and will be sitting around for a good year while I try and get my restoration going. couple months ago I was going to buy a early model top from someone as an extra in case something happened to mine so I asked eshan if would work and he said yes it would but that it would be a tiny bit looser but that I would not notice alot, so I opted not to buy the extra top. The top is a 7 window top and I bought a rear tailgate from real steel cruisers (NOT IMPRESSED WITH WHAT SO EVER) to go with it but I really like your black canvas one so I will keep watching, just trying to make sure is going to fit correctly?

Rob

Thanks Roberto, that might be something that we should look into.............I'd really like to nail down exactly what would be different about a late model tub that would affect the top fitment. :confused:

For the time being, please direct all of your general questions and suggestions by PM/e-mail towards me, and not softtopguy. Highlandcruzer@aol.com

He'll need to concentrate on working directly with those that are ready to make a purchase at this time.

Thanks for your patience! We'll get our product info clearly stated in the Merchandise storefront forum ASAP. :cheers:

Last edited:
Roberto, It's been brought to my attention that the difference may be in the height of the wheel well. If you could take a measurement from the top of the wheel well to the top of the tub, we can confirm. Also, take a measurement from door post hole to door post hole just to be sure.

BJ44 Soft Top

Any plans for soft top for a BJ44.:bounce: Want one Bad!!!!

Softtopguy brought the first "completed" top up this weekend to test fit on my 40. This was mostly a family visit for them to see our new daughter, but he also wanted to take this time to let me get a first hand feel for it, to take some nice pictures, and to discuss project plans.

I can't tell you how nice this thing is in person! Everyone always says it.......the pictures don't do it justice. :)

IMO the materials are perfect for this application. Very impressive.

We never actually got the top fully installed.....By the time we got around to working on it, and got the holes drilled for the footman loops on my tub, a thunderstorm rolled in and it started raining like crazy. We never got the twist lock fasteners installed in the tub to fasten down the side panels. The storm broke shortly before dark so decided to go ahead and take the pictures, as they would have to head home in the morning.

Anyway, non of these shots show it completely installed with full tension. Also the straps on this are just temporary ones made from the top material. The actual straps will be made from matching webbing from the manufacturer.

I'm sure you'll notice that the windows are square at the corners. The standard top for sale will have rounded windows identical to the OEM tops. Some have mentioned to me that they prefer square windows. Your call....:)

These were taken of the installation process. Excuse the wrinkles....The top had been folded up in the truck. :)

Blackbowonlyinstall.jpg

The side panels are fully removable/re-install with ease

Blackbiminiinstall.jpg

Blackbiminiinstallleftside.jpg
Blackbowonlyinstall.jpg
Blackbiminiinstall.jpg
Blackbiminiinstallleftside.jpg

Blackbiminiinstalrollupl.jpg

Blackinstallinterior.jpg

Some earlier pictures made me wonder if I was seeing light shining through the fabric. :eek: The material has a reflective sheen on the inside that causes that illusion in some pictures....I can assure you, no light passes through this material!
Blackinstallinterior062.jpg
Blackbiminiinstalrollupl.jpg
Blackinstallinterior.jpg
Blackinstallinterior062.jpg

Very clear windows.....this is with no tension on the side panels to "straighten" out the windows.....almost no distortion.
Blackinteriorclearwindows.jpg

Right after the rain. This fabric is most definitely waterproof. My vinyl Bestop would "weep" water through the material after a rain like this......Not this material....Dry as a bone!
Blackclosedrearstraight.jpg

Blackrearquarterclosed2.jpg
Blackinteriorclearwindows.jpg
Blackclosedrearstraight.jpg
Blackrearquarterclosed2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question......I didn't notice until yesterday that Greg's FST 40 only had 2 footman loops on each barn door half......mine has three per side. Why the difference?

I need everything, not just the top.

I have a 77 tub w/ windshield frame and roll bar.

has it been clear out the possibility of the whole deal and a price for it yet?

nice top!

I measured from top of wheelwell to top where hardtop bolts down to and is 7". cannot really get a width from post to post since hardtop is still on, but is the 7" sound right?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom