TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the shift rail, in the transfer case, there are detent springs and balls that notch the shifter into place once you're in gear. If you can shift with little to no effort, your spring detent are worn out (specifically the springs) or missing altogether.

So to summarize, your shifter will go in easy if your balls are in the notch and nothing is worn out?

@GLTHFJ60 is that a hard fix?

The "fix" is easy provided you can get access to the top cover of the TC. Pull the top cover and you're there. Caution .... there are four parts .... cotter pin, set screw, spring, and ball. The spring may be in 2 pieces. Don't drop them into the TC.

20170816_084229.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to diagnose a ticking sound on the 100, with searching it seems it may be a manifold leak. Anybody have any expirience with this on the 100?

Thanks,
Every exhaust leak I have had makes the exhaust much louder. This one sounds like it was a fan hitting the shroud. It goes away when warm, so the fan theory didn't make sense.

Trying to diagnose a ticking sound on the 100, with searching it seems it may be a manifold leak. Anybody have any expirience with this on the 100?

Does it get quieter when warmed up?
Is it coming from one side of the engine over the other?

Being a 100 and listening to the sound i'll say EM leak. Really just a good reason to get some headers on there. Doug Thorley seem to be the go to choice. Not cheap but good sounding and gives you 10+HP to the wheels and the same amount of TQ.

Does it get quieter when warmed up?
Is it coming from one side of the engine over the other?

Being a 100 and listening to the sound i'll say EM leak. Really just a good reason to get some headers on there. Doug Thorley seem to be the go to choice. Not cheap but good sounding and gives you 10+HP to the wheels and the same amount of TQ.

Yea, gets quiet when it heats up, only on the drivers side.

Time for A: do nothing, plenty in the 100 forum that never fix it
B: remove and Weld
C: get the headers

C sounds good. I guess baby Connor will have to wear paper bags instead of huggies.

image1.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG

Finally done with the superduty. I had it bulletproofed, and replaced a bunch of stuff under the hood while I was at it. got it back a few weeks ago but I have been too busy with work to finish it off. Been researching break upgrades for better breaking under heavy tow loads. Ordered up the parts and was able to knock it out this weekend.
All four corners got new rotors, pads, calipers, and break lines. I flushed out all the old break fluid while I was at it.

Now that that is over I can get back to toyotas.

We are gonna try one last hail marry to flush our block. We are going to block off the water pump hole and fill the block with acid via the hole for thermostat housing and let it soak. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Is the block drain plug clogged?

Have you tried a pic and an allen wrench and tried excavating the dried sediment?

@jfz80 the block drain is very plugged. We've flushed the block for 48hr with vinegar and 30min with a sump pump and we got a bunch of stuff flushed out but still can't get anything out of the drain. I've prodded on in the plug as well and even drilled through the plug but my guess is it goes off into the block more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom