Truck out of oil… need opinions! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jesus F’n Christ

It’s usually Jesus H Christ (JHC), but I’ll take it haha.

I swapped over to the metal oil filter on my first oil change because of stuff like this happening. Cheap plastic should not be used on such a vital part of the engine.

It’s usually Jesus H Christ (JHC), but I’ll take it haha.

I swapped over to the metal oil filter on my first oil change because of stuff like this happening. Cheap plastic should not be used on such a vital part of the engine.
It was actually the aluminum drain cap in metal housing which (switched long ago for same reason). Dealer had never seen it before. I suspect this occurrence was an anomaly!

It was actually the aluminum drain cap in metal housing which (switched long ago for same reason). Dealer had never seen it before. I suspect this occurrence was an anomaly!

Was it a Genuine Toyota part or one of the aftermarket Dorman/etc parts from a parts store?

Was it a Genuine Toyota part or one of the aftermarket Dorman/etc parts from a parts store?
Good question and not sure. Long ago and I only recall mechanic recommending, but didn’t bother to ask. It was a not a dealership, but the shop was definitely a “Toyota family” type place…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom