Which viscosity of oil to use for high milage vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this post in Facebook LX570/LC200 North America group talking about what "710" fluid to use with higher mileage engines. Most respondents agreed with using 5W-30 or 5W-40. This is something I have never thought of so it caught me by surprise especially with my '14 LX 570 at 183K miles. If this is true, at what milage should I start using the 5W-30 or 5W-40?

Thanks!

I saw this post in Facebook LX570/LC200 North America group talking about what "710" fluid to use with higher mileage engines. Most respondents agreed with using 5W-30 or 5W-40. This is something I have never thought of so it caught me by surprise especially with my '14 LX 570 at 183K miles. If this is true, at what milage should I start using the 5W-30 or 5W-40?

Thanks!
There is no reason not to use it from new in our engines.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to try the 5W-40 next time. I'm curious why the manufacture's manual recommends 0W-20 instead.

U.S. enviromental standards.

I'll stay with 5W-30, widely available everywhere and enough for our engines. 5w40 is OK but why go with that for a n/a engine.

Honestly at 183k, I’d just keep using what you’re using. If it has been properly serviced for the last almost 200k, what really is to be gained? If a failure is destined to occur, isn’t changing viscosity prolonging, or possibly even hastening, the inevitable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom