Builds Troopy Trial No. 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Always a fan of your stuff/IG, that picture of the BEBs got me inspired to get my ACL bearings ordered.

I have close friends we visit in Portland every year, next time im out there I will suggest a bend trip/hike and swing by the shop.

I didn’t realize they had a phone number, but found it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Finally got in touch with Expedition Centre and they are no longer selling the Gullwings since the manufacture is not reliable on time frames.

Finally got in touch with Expedition Centre and they are no longer selling the Gullwings since the manufacture is not reliable on time frames.

I have some from CSW. No secret they take 12-16 weeks, but we’ll worth it.

I ordered another one today, with 12 week lead time starting after 6th Jan.

How did you do that? I was told that Expedition Centre is NO longer selling them, even though they are still on their website. Who did you contact?

I have been searching and searching almost everyday and stumbled across this:

They look really nice. I'm now in the process of trying to figure out what to do about side boxes on the back windows. I can't find anyone that makes them, so I may have to do it myself.

How did you do that? I was told that Expedition Centre is NO longer selling them, even though they are still on their website. Who did you contact?

I have been searching and searching almost everyday and stumbled across this:

They look really nice. I'm now in the process of trying to figure out what to do about side boxes on the back windows. I can't find anyone that makes them, so I may have to do it myself.

I contacted Luke salt CSW (Complete Sliding Windows) direct.

His email address is completeslidingwind@bigpond.com

They’re not brilliant at responding, as is the case with so many in this industry, so I also called him to see what the deal was.

+61 8 8261 5535

Extremely happy with their product. Their delivery times are shocking, but I’m at peace with that considering how good their Gullwings are.

Thanks. I was trying to go direct too, but couldn’t find their contact info.

I finally camped in this one. Felt the holidays were a perfect time to explore an already desolate location with the reassurance everyone would be at home. 3 of us that couldn't care less about Christmas got out there. It was cold, but the alucab made me feel like a damn prince.

DSCF2742-2_zpsxchvo2vz.jpg

DSCF2753-2_zpstu4wpiu3.jpg

DSCF2794_zpswkznkkg1.jpg

DSCF2817-2_zpsm5a67sal.jpg

DSCF2865-2_zpsn3fcevr4.jpg

DSCF2904-2_zpsvvhvlsiq.jpg

DSCF2925_zpswqp1vdlv.jpg

DSCF2947_zpszxx4kdvl.jpg

DSCF2944-2_zpsgzfndfl5.jpg

DSCF2963_zpskhhbbyoc.jpg

DSCF2956_zpsd3vabusa.jpg

DSCF2988_zpsobbni1em.jpg

Last edited:
How much longer for the engine???

Did some things. Finally picked up the 21 Spline H55 from Scott.
IMG_6213_zps8fjxmu09.jpg

Got a Shadow Awning. This was absolutely hell to install and should really be done at the same time as the top.
IMG_5596_zps9w27rpp8.jpg

We had the same issue as well. We did ask about installing the brackets to the roof before installing the roof but Alu Cab said it wasn’t possible.

All the parts are here and every day driving that 3F kills me.

I'm morally conflicted though as I should really finish a customer project before starting the swap...

I'll come by and help you, by watching, from 6' away. :coffee:

A substantial update:

After one final camp trip getting 8mpg and smoking up a storm, I tore the 3F out along with the 10spline H55:

DSCF4792_zpspdhilum8.jpg

DSCF4787_zpsc9x2c0we.jpg

61091295610__1A52F5AC-109D-4734-8635-A11EC8B8338D_zpsewuhqi5e.jpg

A complete delousing of the engine bay ensued. Junk removed-

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.04.00 PM.png

Routed the wiring harness through the fender outers:
DSCF4855_zpsefn08n7w.jpg

Engine mounts sourced

DSCF5140_zpsgryjwejj.jpg

Old mounts cut off and the new ones welded into place. Also, HZJ75 power steering lines.
DSCF5152_zpsqzenuwcx.jpg

Somewhere in here the new engine was installed, followed by the transmission. I only have this picture of the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate combo though!
DSCF5177_zps2djgdrwq.jpg

DSCF5182_zpshqyg4rpy.jpg

Snuck a new Gturbo in there as well!
61741104611__D46342E5-5C67-48F7-BC9C-317EAB41427A.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom