TRD Supercharger on eBay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

barf -- buy a sportscar and keep your 80 instead -- these things weren't designed for SCs -- the SC was designed for the 80, but not the other way around --

-- just ask Junk, on engine #3 --

:)

e

Please forgive me if I don't run out and un-bolt mine and toss it in the dust bin. :rolleyes:

Same here...

If I were to take that advice then I shouldn't drive my truck in the backyard either, I might blow a birf.

When this world looks to JUNK as an example, we're all in trouble. :flipoff2:

Safado...who's this Birf and why are you blowing him in your backyard? :flipoff2:

Seriously though...people with an SC installed...more power (literally) to ya!

I believe the cost of putting one doesn't pay off on the back end due to increased maintenance, costs, risks, etc associated. Not to say the cool factor isn't off the charts (it is).

A SC in an 80 is not an attempt to make a sports car, but it certainly is meant to increase HP.

My 3FE has the torque I need in the RPM band I need it, no more HP required...so SCs aren't for everyone.

I do like the Turbo I have on my Duramax though...pull houses over with that sucker.

Summary...it is your truck, do what you want!! :cheers: :beer:

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg67040#msg67040 date=1069644556]My 3FE has the torque I need in the RPM band I need it, no more HP required.[/quote]
You need to stop lying to yourself Dan, its not healthy. :doh: :D

I am right with him. the 3fe is great at what it was designed for. going over large rocks slowly.
Dave

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg67049#msg67049 date=1069645467]
You need to stop lying to yourself Dan, its not healthy. :doh: :D
[/quote]

Don't you only have a 40? Get outta here! :flipoff2:

(a 40 with an F motor and stock 3 speed that he claims is "enough" for him...who is lying to themselves?)

There'sa set of Micky Thompsom Mud tires on ebay going pretty cheap right now as well. They just went over what I could afford, but are still in the good deal range. I can't get a link up from work, but if you search for Mickey Thompson and 16 you should come up with it.

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg66997#msg66997 date=1069638772]

barf -- buy a sportscar and keep your 80 instead -- these things weren't designed for SCs -- the SC was designed for the 80, but not the other way around --

[/quote]

Any motor can be supercharged; durability and quality all depends on installation and what you are trying to do. I think there are enough people out there who are more than happy with theirs.

Personally, I have no experience with them. I used to think that I would never want one, but your first trip to the mountains driving steep grades at 7,000 feet elevation will definitely convince you otherwise.

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg67208#msg67208 date=1069688957]
Shocker,

Try a 3FE at 7500' (home elevation).... :-\

[/quote]

Yikes! You might need to start driving on the footpath off to the right of the road!

3FE = Toyota's "I think I can, I think I can" motor of the steep grade, not that the 1FZE is a demon either. ;)

nah its " ill make it eventually motor " or the " just pass me already you impatient supercharged jack ass " I like these a little better.
Dave

So how does the SC perform off-road. It's not like you really need more power crawling over rocks and such in low-range. I mean is it really bad for the blower and your motor when you are tapping the gas, then brake, then hit the gas a little and get the SC wound up, then hitting the brakes.

In my case I don't see the engine under boost that often in low range crawling situations. The engine needs to be under a load for the bypass to open. Low range and lower speeds don't often provide enough load(at least in my case) to get much boost. You have to deliberately "play" with the throttle to come under boost.

D-

Oh, now SAND that's another story....... ;)

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg67133#msg67133 date=1069675800]
Don't you only have a 40? Get outta here! :flipoff2:

(a 40 with an F motor and stock 3 speed that he claims is "enough" for him...who is lying to themselves?)
[/quote]
I never made any claims... :doh:
Hey now, I got all the stuff for a SM420 sitting in the garage. Lets see who's got more rear-wheel torque with a 7.1 first gear? :flipoff2:
We need to drag at the next meeting Dan, that would be funny to see who's faster, 3fe with fancy intake and exhaust or bone stock 3peed F with 33's. :eek:

works for me.....bring it. :D

Children, Children, Children,

I thought this type of bickering and posturing was for BMW and Vette boards. The Porsche guys are not typically part of the let's go out and drag pissing and moaning. :flipoff2:

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=7949;start=msg67333#msg67333 date=1069703471]
works for me.....bring it. :D
[/quote]
Don't be suprised if I show up with my old 13" wide 31's shaved to slicks.... :D
How do you think the 40 would look with some blue under lighting and a nice 2 foot wide spoiler? Maybe I could just leave the hatch open.... :D

Don't forget yer bleach :rolleyes: (4 tires worth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom