Trailer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My dad used to fire up his cabin cruiser and shoot out to the water, basically just so we could tie it up in front of Captains Cove and get Fish and Chips.

I have fond memories of those trips. And my kids when they were younger got to go do it once before he sold the boat.

Or before 'it went to go live on a farm' - it was easier that way....;)

Its probably faster for the folks that live on SML to take their boat to dinner, instead of the car. no stop signs, speed limits...

Some more things:
Reflectixed the roof. (Almost done) next step will be a thin plastic white sheet to finish it. The roof will get a few thick coats of the white rubber paint.
IMG_7007.JPG

Then I Installed the porthole. Note: didn't use anywhere near enough masking tape and ended up having to spray over a few scratches from the jigsaw. It's not bad, it'll buff out with some 2000 grit. I like the view, and the fact that it's tinted.
IMG_6994.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG

And then....

I solved the clothing storage issue. Before you leave, ramp down, load up your clothes. Lock the cabinet and raise the door. 4 bolts, with 4 captured brass inserts into the 1" plywood.
IMG_7004.JPG
IMG_7005.JPG

And to top it off I did the cabinet 'cubbies'. Put pieces of anti slip in each.

IMG_7009.JPG

So will the trailer be called One Eyed Willie, Winky, or Black Eyed T?

Nice work on more personalization

Those two ladies are probably standing (with walker or cane) in front of the latest version...a metallic brown Mercedes hi top called "Stinky Depends"

did you get to take temps before/after or can you feel a difference with the reflictix on the roof? Looks really good.

No actual temp readings, but yesterday I finished the last few areas of reflectix and you can feel a big difference between the uninsulated roof sections and the bottom of the reflectix when the sun's hitting the roof. Roof is currently just unfinished aluminum, but it's dirty rather than shiny and reflective so even just cleaning it up will help - but the "snow" rubber RV roof covering will really make the difference.

Hey so no update in a while. I put a heavy slathering of rubber stuff on the roof.

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

As it dries the brush marks have lessened, pretty cool stuff (expands up to 500% ?!!??) Should help a lot with reflecting sunlight and a little bit with insulation.

Also threw some dark navy paint on a few things to clean it up a bit. Ramp, cabinet trim and a strip along the side.

Because, I had a can of dark navy paint that wasn't earmarked for anything else.
IMG_7415.JPG
IMG_7417.JPG

In the interest of full disclosure, I was pretty sure it was black paint before I started. The pics make it look black. It's not.

This looks sweet gotta be more comfortable than a air mattress in a tent or back of the 60!

How did you like the snowroof?

It goes on easy, you basically pour it on and spread it out. So that's nice.... Did take 2 days to dry due to me starting a little late, and the evening dew restarting the clock a little :) I'm not sure there's going to be a lot to like or dislike about it - it may help with the temperature... hopefully. But I'm not really expecting a 'wow this stuff is great' type moment.

I ended up going with the Henry's tropicool to fix a camper I bought with some roof damage but hey as long as it all works who cares. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you it does cut down on the heat.

Been a long time since I updated this. Yesterday I installed the custom cut canopy skirt and sides. Added about 50 'snaps' for the canvas to connect to. Should keep bugs/animals out for the most part.

Camped at KOA East over the weekend.

Here's my review:

KOA - Asheville East

Very large campground with over 200 sites. A river runs through the center of the campground and there are several sites directly on the river. These generally are reserved well in advance. In addition to the river, there are 2 lakes on the property. The larger of which has many sites around it, some of which are quite lacking in privacy. The smaller lake (where we stayed) had a line of sites in gravel segmented by spray painted lines. No privacy between sites, but luckily for us, neither adjacent sites were taken until the last night. Fishing looked like it would be good at this park with a mix of river/trout and lake/bass available. There's a resident black bear that they told us about. Lots of signs indicating that he's not aggressive but to keep your distance. A late night walk with the dogs resulted in me hearing a twig snap about 30 feet up an embankment, turning my flashlight in that direction to see the eyes and admittedly friendly looking 'smile' of a big ass bear. My instinct, weirdly enough, was to make loud growling/barking noises - which he immediately responded to by running off.

The KOA management/workers were typical retirees, most of which weren't that friendly presumably because we're only staying there temporarily and fairly young. My wife overheard one making a lude comment about her to his buddy on their golf cart while driving by her on the way to the bathroom, which made her feel uncomfortable. Surprising really, generally those old campground coots are either super friendly or overbearing HOA types. Pervy old guys wasn't expected. Overall, the location was nice and quiet aside from the train tracks being a little too close. The train wasn't too often, but when it did come through you felt it rumble. Lots of things to do close by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom