Trail Tailor Offerings (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I imagine the braking is greatly improved ?
I know there is a Brake upgrade with the 80e axel.... guessing its improved.

You need to read some more on axle WMS'

I only run 95-97--- 80 full floats on my rear conversions.
Right, I know the FZJ80 rear is far better. Is that also the case with the front? I had thought the late 60 fronts were better than the 80 fronts though.

@DougRFJ62 and a 60 are headed south tonight.

Thanks for the work guys.

J

PXL_20211228_180428651.jpg
PXL_20211228_180419496.jpg
PXL_20211228_165128309.jpg
PXL_20211228_165141168.jpg
PXL_20211228_165134291.jpg

Any reason the 60 axle side brackets would not fit a 40 axle? @TRAIL TAILOR I saw you mentioned making a kit for the 40 series, is that still in the works. I have a complete 80 chassis I can rob parts off of.

Another question, can you compare the 80 stuff on the 60 chassis compared to the 60 body on the 80 chassis that you did at first?

thanks in advance
Rob

Last edited:
An LS with the 80 coils seems to be the cherry pie of 60's. Is that a good analogy?

The front shackles swinging forward are not even close to ideal, but sure beats A-arms.

An LS with the 80 coils seems to be the cherry pie of 60's. Is that a good analogy?

The front shackles swinging forward are not even close to ideal, but sure beats A-arms.
I LOVVVVVVE Cherry Pie!!!

Hey Jason, do you mind by chance giving the specs of this white 60? It has the perfect wheel/tire stick out and imo the perfect height and tire to fender gap out of some ive seen to me personally. Did you do 2.5 or 3 inch coils on this one? and what are the Wheel backspace specs to get it sucked back into the wheel wells? Im assuming those are 287/75/17 tires. This is probably the most ideal 60 ive ever seen in my life. A little biased because its white, but this is exactly what im looking to set mine up as once the money tree grows and ican order your kit

Hey Jason, do you mind by chance giving the specs of this white 60? It has the perfect wheel/tire stick out and imo the perfect height and tire to fender gap out of some ive seen to me personally. Did you do 2.5 or 3 inch coils on this one? and what are the Wheel backspace specs to get it sucked back into the wheel wells? Im assuming those are 287/75/17 tires. This is probably the most ideal 60 ive ever seen in my life. A little biased because its white, but this is exactly what im looking to set mine up as once the money tree grows and ican order your kit
It is the most perfect.

I can wrench to a certain point but I know my limitations. Since I am the absent minded professor when it comes to hardcore mechanics, fabrication and electrical, I contacted @TRAIL TAILOR to help us build out our 1988 FJ62 that we have had for 21 years. Jason came through 100%.
Jason is a wonderful person, always answered my questions and bounced ideas off of me. My wife Susie has had some major medical issues over the last couple years and both Jason and Andrea always asked how she was doing and if there was anything they could do to help. They are a standup couple who really care about people and their customers.
The LS3 Swap passed the Enhanced Smog Region with a breeze and is now a fully California smog legal vehicle. BOOM!!!
The engine bay wiring setup is clean, immaculate and completely professional.
We took the rig out to the desert for a one day trip and the rig was flawless. In the old 3FE setup, we would be slow poking at 30-45 miles per hours up steep grades (H55 5 speed with 4.88 gears, 15 to Vegas) but now it roars at 50-75 mph depending on the grade. Not once did I think twice about passing another car due to lack of power.
Leaf Springs just don't cut it and feel like you are being beaten to death after 100 miles.
IMO the 80 axle/coil conversion on 35" (true 34") coopers rides smoother and better than our previous LX470. We encountered drop offs and rocks and the articulation was incredible compared to leaf springs (leaf springs suck in comparison).
We are ecstatic and looking forward to many more years with the rig and our friendship.

The only con we have is that we could not keep the 44 gallon extended gas tank due to California Smog (SMOG SUCKS)

We are very happy!
Thank you Jason and Andrea!

Description of 80 axle/coil conversion and LS3 swap
80 axle/coil (Full Float axles/ Tough Dog adjustable shocks and coils) conversion with all new rotors, pads, Japanese bearings and seals, master cylinder.
ARB front and rear lockers
Dual Battery
8 panel switch pro
ComeUp Winch 9.5
Rear and tailgate panels
window tinting (purple tint had to go)
70 series mirrors
California Legal LS3 6.2 EROD with 4L65E transmisson
-AC with R134 conversion
TC adapter
New Toyota transfer case
FJ Cruiser Steelies
35 Inch Cooper Tires
Corbeau Seats
Rear Tire and Jerry Can bumper
And Jason's New awesome top coating and line paint.

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg
IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2777.jpeg
IMG_2778.jpeg
IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

I can wrench to a certain point but I know my limitations. Since I am the absent minded professor when it comes to hardcore mechanics, fabrication and electrical, I contacted @TRAIL TAILOR to help us build out our 1988 FJ62 that we have had for 21 years. Jason came through 100%.
Jason is a wonderful person, always answered my questions and bounced ideas off of me. My wife Susie has had some major medical issues over the last couple years and both Jason and Andrea always asked how she was doing and if there was anything they could do to help. They are a standup couple who really care about people and their customers.
The LS3 Swap passed the Enhanced Smog Region with a breeze and is now a fully California smog legal vehicle. BOOM!!!
We took the rig out to the desert for a one day trip and the rig was flawless. In the old 3FE setup, we would be slow poking at 30-45 miles per hours up steep grades (H55 5 speed with 4.88 gears, 15 to Vegas) but now it roars at 50-75 mph depending on the grade. Not once did I think twice about passing another car due to lack of power.
Leaf Springs just don't cut it and feel like you are being beaten to death after 100 miles.
IMO the 80 axle/coil conversion on 35" (true 34") coopers rides smoother and better than our previous LX470. We encountered drop offs and rocks and the articulation was incredible compared to leaf springs (leaf springs suck in comparison).
We are ecstatic and looking forward to many more years with the rig and our friendship.

The only con we have is that we could not keep the 44 gallon extended gas tank due to California Smog (SMOG SUCKS)

We are very happy!

80 axle/coil (Full Float axles/ Tough Dog adjustable shocks and coils) conversion with all new rotors, pads, Japanese bearings and seals, master cylinder.
Dual Battery
8 panel switch pro
ComeUp Winch 9.5
Rear and tailgate panels
70 series mirrors
-AC with R134 conversion
TC adapter
New Toyota transfer case
FJ Cruiser Steelies
35 Inch Cooper Tires
Corbeau Seats

View attachment 2881993
View attachment 2882010

View attachment 2882012View attachment 2882011
View attachment 2881995View attachment 2881996View attachment 2881998View attachment 2882004View attachment 2882005

View attachment 2882017

Doug/Susie,

It was our pleasure. We are very fortunate to get to do what we love every day and a perk is meeting great people along the way. Some turn into lifelong friends and you two have certainly become that.

Even the guys in the shop feel they know you and ask about you.

Thank you for everything along the way and look forward to seeing you soon.

J & A

We are very happy!

Dual Battery
8 panel switch pro
ComeUp Winch 9.5
Rear and tailgate panels
70 series mirrors
-AC with R134 conversion
TC adapter
New Toyota transfer case
FJ Cruiser Steelies
35 Inch Cooper Tires
Corbeau Seats

View attachment 2881993
View attachment 2882010

View attachment 2882012View attachment 2882011
View attachment 2881995View attachment 2881996View attachment 2881998View attachment 2882004View attachment 2882005

View attachment 2882017
Boy do I love those window covers and Speedhut gauges. How were the window covers done up?

Seeing those gauges has me strongly considering going ahead with a Speedhut swap and taking advantage of removing my OEM quad gauge so I can build a bench test rig for my solid state voltage regulator project. It'd be so much better than always having to pull my dash and swap out regulators when I need to test something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom