TRAGIC NEWS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whenever I researched MUD for a mod that I was interested in or a problem I was having, Tools always seemed to have posted some sensible and to-the-point feedback based on his experience and expertise in the thread in which I was searching through. He definitely was a rock star in this community and the loss of his input to the forum will be felt for a long time. RIP Kevin.

My condolences to Kevin's family. I remember meeting Kevin for the first time at my first CSC meeting. I was told it was his 2nd CSC meeting. I still remember the last time I was at his shop to pick up a 4x4Labs bumper from a group buy. Thanks Kevin for everything you have done for CSC and to our Land Cruiser. RIP Kevin.

Kevin was a good guy, generously sharing his knowledge and willingness to always help the Cruiser community. I know he helped all of us in many ways. He put a lot of time, effort and experience into the local community to work with the forest service and government to keep access and trails open through the TRAL organization. Sorry to hear of his passing, certainly very sad news for all those who surrounded him, family and friends. RIP Kevin.

Kevin was all the good things that have been said about him and more. He will be missed. I hope to make it down from Idaho for a club ride that happens in his honor. Good to see the old timers sharing their memories here too. Hope to see you soon...

Wow, so sad to hear. RIP, Kevin.

John, the Patterson family and close friends

I am very sorry for your loss. The Landcruiser community and the Tonto National Forest Service will forever remember Kevin and his tireless energy to make the roads travelled by our trucks, in pursuit of joy, available to all. May your hearts heal quickly and our memories of Kevin last forever.

Sad news indeed. Extremely sorry for the loss. Will pray for those left behind. Kevin was the first person I ran too when I first grabbed by 80 and a few occasions thereafter. Knowledge that will be missed and not easily replaced.

It's been a few years since I've been an active member of this community but I still get TRAL emails and I've only just now heard about Kevin's passing. I always enjoyed talking with Kevin on the trail, on the boards, at the shop, at El Pollo Loco...condolences and prayers to all of Kevin's family and friends.

very sad

is all I can muster for now

Wow....just wow. He welcomed me as a short timer when my wife lived out in area and I had no truck to wheel when I would fly in.

He was such an awesome person. I was actually coming to the clubhouse to reach out to see if we could meet up again over Christmas....

Man a reminder of how short our time is...

Please post anyways we can help his family.

-Bomar

Kevin and the gang welcomed me and my brother to run Buckhorn with them many years ago, and a run that taught me a TON about my LandCruiser's capabilities in the early days. He even crawled under it with me on the trail and devised a method using a wooden block and a tow strap to straighten out my tie-rod enough to drive it home, and then had me come to the shop the next day. We pulled the tie rod out and straightened it, and he even pointed out that my turnbuckle limiters were set incorrectly - and then fixed them.

His knowledge and expertise was only overshadowed by his willingness to help others. I give the community and his family my sincere condolences; wish we had more members like Kevin. Tonto recreation owes him a ton of gratitude, as well - he did so much for the basin,

Damn, I am so sorry to find out about the passing of Kevin. I referred to Kevin and you John as the old heads (not in a derogatory way either) you two were a wealth of knowledge when I was around to talk with you two.

John, I saw you at the Tactical Coffee and Crawlers event at Desert Rat and I was going to ask you about Kevin too.

Please keep us posted about the memorial run. I will definitely be a go!

Ive been out of the cruiser loop for a bit because of teenage kids and their sports and brother Rob told me about Kevin. Kevin was awesome and helped me with my lift on my cruiser and spent quite a few Cruise Moab's and event runs with him. Great guy and of course a wealth of cruiser knowledge. Im gonna miss that guy, him and his Costco shoes!!

Hi John,

Kevin was a great guy with so much knowledge about cruisers and many other things. He had an eye for catching beauty with his camera. He was always helpful to me and I loved going to his shop. I will miss him and hope his family has support as they move forward without him. God bless Kevin and all who mourn his loss.

Mike

It's amazing how many little memories of being in that shop have flooded back after seeing this. I wouldn't expect John or Kevin to remember me but I'd been there a few times - the last was a loose little spring/steel clamp on a radiator hose that I foolishly diagnosed as a catastrophic problem. Kevin buttoned things up like magic in 2 minutes (and did it without making me feel like an idiot). The three of us just stood there and then chatted for at least an hour about all-good-Cruiser-and-trail "stuff".

Great people leave lasting memories - thank you both for being so generous with your time, knowledge and friendship. Count me in should a fund raiser happen.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Tools Posts are the best and you could tell he had a huge heart.
May he Rest In Peace.

Sorry to hear this. RIP Kevin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom