TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had wondered what happened to you. And here I thought it was marriage that was taking up your time. :rofl: Darn awesome project!! You're definitely the man for that job. Next thing you know you'll have your own company making these things. Please take the time to send us some updates once in a while; I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out!
Thanks, I’m pretty excited to get it going and will do my best to post some about it. Hopefully the we can hang the engine in the next few weeks.

Jeez when you said you wanted to build an airplane I didn't think you'd meant right freaking now.. :lol:

Looks like fun. Definitely a change from the cruiser world. First test drive is probably a bit more stressful than the 40 series back alley hotlap too eh?
Haha I’m trying to imagine the list you’d have going through your head before the first flight, especially when you get to play engineer assembler and quality control.

This is too much like a small plastic model.

5D60F662-672E-4A18-81C3-C41326B97285.jpeg.jpg
121F21EB-C89E-4C6C-AD17-DC689411283C.jpeg.jpg

Nice seeing it out of the box, you and your dad are not wasting any time..Good luck.

This is too much like a small plastic model.

View attachment 2325337View attachment 2325338
I should have selected the “model” with less patina like your’s. Although I’m happy with it being a 40 series..
FD127480-FCBF-4C0F-A5F0-CBE9822B9DC0.jpeg

After 27 years it would’ve still looked much the same though. :D

I was wondering how you were going to put the body on since a cherry picker wouldn’t work... then I notice the forklift that hadn’t been there the first time I looked at the picture.

I found lifting the body straight up and rolling the frame underneath worked better than rolling the picker around while supporting the body.

Last edited:
I should have selected the “model” with less patina like your’s. Although I’m happy with it being a 40 series..

After 27 years it would’ve still looked much the same though. :D

I was wondering how you were going to put the body on since a cherry picker wouldn’t work... then I notice the forklift that hadn’t been there the first time I looked at the picture.

I found lifting the body straight up and rolling the frame underneath worked better than rolling the picker around while supporting the body.

Its not mine! I am just amazed at such detail. If I could only pul my 60 apart....
but I seem to having a propensity to not get them back together.

These are pretty cool. Not that I'd spend 27K on one :oops:, but i'll certainly steal some ideas if I built something. .

Not that I really need one, but I've thought about a small camper shell to fit the back of the 40 thing. I didn't see an interior pic with the lid closed, but it looks like the bed is upside down and then flips out...which might be a pain in the ass for bedding.

Still, good use of a small footprint.

Course putting one of those on would mean having to take my rack off, so I'd probably do a slide out thing instead.

Some nice 70 series on the page if nothing else.

These are the ones I have coveted for a long time. This one is designed to actually take the cooking inside,
far more :princess: friendly.

These are the ones I have coveted for a long time. This one is designed to actually take the cooking inside,
far more :princess: friendly.

Strangely enough, my better half refuses to cook in our camper. Something about smelling the place up; gets into bedding etc. So even though we have a decent little kitchen inside, the stove never sees any use. We setup a table under the awning with a coleman two burner and a bbq - thats where the action happens.

Strangely enough, my better half refuses to cook in our camper. Something about smelling the place up; gets into bedding etc. So even though we have a decent little kitchen inside, the stove never sees any use. We setup a table under the awning with a coleman two burner and a bbq - thats where the action happens.
Yep, cooking in a little trailer or camper is gross. Has to be some pretty desperate weather before I'll cook inside.

When I had that little 13' Boler, we removed the stove so that I could enlarge the bed to something two actual humans could sleep in.

It was still too short, but at least it was closer to queen width instead of small double.

Funny thing is, when I was selling it I had to make a form letter reply because I got 20 emails A DAY asking why there was no stove and could it be put back in. :bang:

Took some botanists up to the San Juan bogs along the kludahk this weekend to look at carnivourous plants. Nick, Guy says to say hi, said you guys were the best neighbours.
View attachment 2332448View attachment 2332452View attachment 2332450
Some of the carnivourous plants
View attachment 2332449View attachment 2332453

Right on! Such a cool area up there. Yeah, we definitely miss Guy and his family. I gotta get back up there now that stuff is growing...

So, after running a cheap Chinese Aluminum poor fitting rad for a year or so, I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper recore done on a copper rad I had. 2.5" thick now. 4 core. Not that that'll help the 2LTE, LOL. :rofl:

IMG_20200606_101205635.jpg
IMG_20200606_101149303.jpg
IMG_20200606_101347141.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom