TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, after running a cheap Chinese Aluminum poor fitting rad for a year or so, I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper recore done on a copper rad I had. 2.5" thick now. 4 core. Not that that'll help the 2LTE, LOL. :rofl:

View attachment 2333401View attachment 2333402View attachment 2333403
Where did you go for the recore? Keep me updated on how it holds up, I need to do mine In my 60 the fins are blowing away in the wind. I had bad experiences with a recore at alpine

So, after running a cheap Chinese Aluminum poor fitting rad for a year or so, I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper recore done on a copper rad I had. 2.5" thick now. 4 core. Not that that'll help the 2LTE, LOL. :rofl:

View attachment 2333401View attachment 2333402View attachment 2333403
I hope your rad shop was better than the first one I had when I recored the 45. I learned from the second shop after pulling it out for the 4 th time the first shop who had taken over a family run business of many years ran the shop right out business and did not tin the inside of the tanks. Second shop had to put patches on the outside of the upper tank to fix the cracks. I basically ended up paying the price of 2 recore jobs. Would have been cheaper to by a brand new OEM rad. :bang: Gotta love no mind fu@king amateurs!!

I hope your rad shop was better than the first one I had when I recored the 45. I learned from the second shop after pulling it out for the 4 th time the first shop who had taken over a family run business of many years ran the shop right out business and did not tin the inside of the tanks. Second shop had to put patches on the outside of the upper tank to fix the cracks. I basically ended up paying the price of 2 recore jobs. Would have been cheaper to by a brand new OEM rad. :bang: Gotta love no mind fu@king amateurs!!

Brutal! Yeah, I've had my share of fun with rads too. My original cooled well, but the fins were disintegrating. So I bought a used one from a friend in Victoria. But it was only 48mm thick instead of the 54mm my original one was. So it did not cool well enough for the towing I do. So I bought an Aluminum one off Ebay. Manufacturing quality and fitment were poor (suprise!), but it did cool ok. Got tired of the poor fitment/quality, which is why I broke down on getting the OEM one recored. Let's hope this is the end of it.

Anyhow, when I walked into Townside on Monday I saw the guy doing repairs on a fuel tank that were pretty impressive looking. He's been doing radiators for eons too, and I could tell he knew the work well as I spoke with him.

Next Gen Tundra Heavy Duty Dually, maybe?

BB15nDem.jpg

Next Gen Tundra Heavy Duty Dually, maybe?

View attachment 2337576
...and with a diesel ideally! A solid front axle would be nice too. Finally might be able to get away from the domestic market stuff for a true 1-ton truck. Would also be nice to see that in a 550-esque cab/chassis for a work truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom