TOYOTA, more than ever before... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1650104530886.png

@ToyotaMatt I have big changes coming in my life for the better! By the end of the summer I should be doing what I went to school for and making more money than I ever have.

You, sir, have the goods I need to correct some minor issues that have been bugging me for years. As soon as I get my situation turned around and I’m sailing smooth I will be contacting you directly for a list of OEM TEq parts from the T Ten master skunkworks lab technician himself!

You seriously do some amazing things for this community! Thanks for enabling our addictions, man!

@ToyotaMatt I have big changes coming in my life for the better! By the end of the summer I should be doing what I went to school for and making more money than I ever have.

You, sir, have the goods I need to correct some minor issues that have been bugging me for years. As soon as I get my situation turned around and I’m sailing smooth I will be contacting you directly for a list of OEM TEq parts from the T Ten master skunkworks lab technician himself!

You seriously do some amazing this for this community! Thanks for enabling our addictions, man!

thank you very very much for kind words here on a HOLIDAY Weekend .......... :)

- typically , folks only reach out if there is a issue or tad thing-y going on like slow shipping or a back order parts issue out of anyone's control ?

i am Thank-Full to be thanked , know that my friend , :cool:

i don't do what i do for any other reason then i am also " having big changes coming now " and almost every day it seams there is a COVID related

supply chain topic to skunk works out in a new and well some times not so glamorous approach at all ?

but .........

most of the time , i find each day new exciting and i feel perhaps like LEWIS & Clark Expedition into the wild and unknown wilderness of TOYOTA Genuine

Parts , .... ?

i have suddenly noticed something going on that's been in my face at least for a few years , but going going going at a break neck pace chasing my

tail at times just to keep up the status Quo ,,,,,, only as of the last few weeks / month i have really zeroed in on the fact that i am getting asked

inquires for needed land cruiser parts i have never been asked for before ?

like crazy random stuff i did not know had a life cycle end or perhaps me running around encouraging folks to ALWAYS Assemble there work with NEW

OEM hardware when ever and where ever possible has caught on or the trend to replace as many parts in a particular job scope is a naturally

occurring thing because as the sands of time run there course , its ever growing demand on the now 40 + years old land cruiser vehicle plat forms

are seeing a approach to keep them reliable on the road at all levels you simply have a ongoing and non-stop cycle of life and renewal one bolt at at a time

one lug nut , or one electrical connector too ?

i see NO end in sight to the level of needed land cruiser parts going on at this very second ?

in fact the hunger is growing so much that my passion and indeed the reason i think i was put on earth , now more then ever its KRYSTAL F'ing KLEAR

to reproduce parts and go one step further , PIPE DREAM up ones TOYOTA never ever brought to any related table for what ever reason ?

the cards and chips are falling in front of my face and lay in a way that clicks so DAM REAL it ain's funny ?

Monday my
T-TEN class mate Peter , calls me at lunch to let me know the next day at noon , Part # 90201-08135 , Washer , Plate SUB. ASSY Earth-QUAKE

was getting axed to NLA / Disc. status .........

i got all hot and bothered because without these little bastards , LIFE can Stop , and not go on ?

MORE on this topic later ,

this chain of events facts are simply , at the SOUL of what i do and the UNIQUE approach i take to make MANEFEST happen for others here on mud ...........

i can get DEEP into a needed parts topic !

in my life for the better!

My dad has been a Ford guy his whole life. Always had Fords. About ten years ago he got a jeep and he loved that thing till it finally wasn’t cutting it for him anymore.
He’s finally seen the light and has made the switch to Toyota and picked up a 96 Tacoma. @ToyotaMatt you’ll be proud to know that dad understands the T-ten methodology and wants to keep it OEM as much as possible. I found his stash last night. I would expect no less from my ole man…
020F499B-D65A-40B9-91AD-906E0043E58A.jpeg

My dad has been a Ford guy his whole life. Always had Fords. About ten years ago he got a jeep and he loved that thing till it finally wasn’t cutting it for him anymore.
He’s finally seen the light and has made the switch to Toyota and picked up a 96 Tacoma. @ToyotaMatt you’ll be proud to know that dad understands the T-ten methodology and wants to keep it OEM as much as possible. I found his stash last night. I would expect no less from my ole man… View attachment 2983533

nice ........

Another PURIST has Been Re-Born and accepted Teq as there savior ......
........:)

your past NON OEM Sins are all forgiven my son too ........

brand_02_denso1111.png

Next on the list is solving the small air filter problem. When I installed the sniper I neglected to get an adapter for fitting the OEM air cleaner to the sniper. Thus, I bought a $20 Edlebrock air cleaner from the box store. It did it’s job. The filter doesn’t have much surface area and isn’t really that great. I certainly don’t want to go off road with it. It’s collecting dust very quickly.

Because I was strapped for space and time when I left Colorado for Florida I let go of all the spare parts that I didn’t have room for. Regrettably, I no longer have the OEM air cleaner. I had intended to find a bj60 series air cleaner box and carb hat so I could run it on the passenger side. Turns out those suckers are hard to come by and expensive here.

So my thoughts are to get an other OEM air box with adapter and install a left hand snorkel. My driver side fender is already trashed so cutting holes in it won’t hurt me a bit. And running a snorkel in the passenger side and then routing the air hose across the engine bay and over the valve cover seems like it’s more clutter than I would like.

My last idea is to use the driver side snorkel and install an in-line air box with a cone shaped filter. I would have to find a hat for the carb that will work. Seems like it would be the sleekest option and maybe the cheapest.

Thoughts?
I haz an OEM air filter housin thingy....yours if needed. Its somehwere in Colorado...maybe Flagstaff.

Montana?! Lucky basdard. I spent a week in Missoula. Loved it. BIG sky is amazing. And then life struck and now I’m locked in to New England. Congrats on the job. Very very very cool.

Montana?! Lucky basdard. I spent a week in Missoula. Loved it. BIG sky is amazing. And then life struck and now I’m locked in to New England. Congrats on the job. Very very very cool.
Thank you! I spent two weeks in Montana and Wyoming with my parents back in 2019 and really fell in love with Montana. We only got to spend an hour in Bozeman on our way down to Yellowstone, but I knew I had to go back and really see the place. I am very excited. To end my homeless stint like this is… well I don’t really have words. I feel like I’m on the last leg of the Rubicon. It feels really good.

Thank you! I spent two weeks in Montana and Wyoming with my parents back in 2019 and really fell in love with Montana. We only got to spend an hour in Bozeman on our way down to Yellowstone, but I knew I had to go back and really see the place. I am very excited. To end my homeless stint like this is… well I don’t really have words. I feel like I’m on the last leg of the Rubicon. It feels really good.
I was so close to Glacier National Park but we didn’t go. I did tho swim in Flathead Lake which was absolutely amazing. And I have beautiful photos I took of my friend fly fishing on the Clark Fork River. Such a gorgeous place. I’d go back there in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom