TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Banks! I have been a High Point Bank customer for 30 + years. A small town bank that actually was a pleasure to deal with. So they sold out to Bank of NC last year and the fun began. Try to contact a BNC original employee and they give the cold shoulder. They don't respond to emails and will not return phone calls. Until, that is, after I finally had a snoot full of being ignored, I was finally able to send an email to the CEO which garnered a somewhat quick response from an Executive VP. Then the announcement was made that BNC is selling out to something called Pinnacle bank so the bank will have changed hands twice within a year. Today I get an email stating their web site has enhancements, WHY, in a year it will be gone and replaced by a Pinnacle bank web site. Looks like I will start looking for another bank to do business with.

If you look at the smaller "community" banks, they seem to have a historical pattern. Group of investors charters a small bank, focusing on small town service and values. They increase deposits, give loans to folks who cant really get the loans they want at other big banks (higher risk, higher % interest, small business, car loans, etc)...then after a handful or two of years, they sell to a bigger bank. That group of investors waits until the time required after the close of the sale, then proceeds to charter a new bank, with a very very very similar name and logo, and repeats the process. All the while, that group of investors rakes in the profits from the higher risk/new credit/new business and consumer accounts, which makes their profits increase, which makes them look appealing to the bigger banks. They either merge two smaller banks into a larger one, or they sell out to a mega bank, wait the alloted time, and start again... I used to work for one of those banks, and it amazed me how rich those investors became with each sale.

If you look at the smaller "community" banks, they seem to have a historical pattern. Group of investors charters a small bank, focusing on small town service and values. They increase deposits, give loans to folks who cant really get the loans they want at other big banks (higher risk, higher % interest, small business, car loans, etc)...then after a handful or two of years, they sell to a bigger bank. That group of investors waits until the time required after the close of the sale, then proceeds to charter a new bank, with a very very very similar name and logo, and repeats the process. All the while, that group of investors rakes in the profits from the higher risk/new credit/new business and consumer accounts, which makes their profits increase, which makes them look appealing to the bigger banks. They either merge two smaller banks into a larger one, or they sell out to a mega bank, wait the alloted time, and start again... I used to work for one of those banks, and it amazed me how rich those investors became with each sale.
...so anyone with some spare cash wanna go in on a bank?

What is this spare cash you speak of?

I am SO F'ing tired of every Tom/Dick/Harry trying to be a back-yard dealer and I swear the 4Runner is the MOST BYD'd vehicle ever.

...so anyone with some spare cash wanna go in on a bank?

I'm concentrating on railroads. I have Reading, hoping to get the other three that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

Urinal cakes. Isn't that where Frazier Cranes sister-in-law Merith's family made their fortune?

Marris was her name. The ever elusive wife that noone has seen...much like mine.

I was guessing on the name but was at least close.

Marris was her name. The ever elusive wife that noone has seen...much like mine.
Mine wouldn't be seen at events if it wasn't for hunger. She hasn't quite got the 2-day hibernating thing down.

I hate having rich beautiful black coffee with slightly nutty aroma beckoning my name at 5:20AM and I CAN'T FIND A DAMN CUP ANYWHERE. I will be bringing a HUGE stash of styrofoam cups to the barn.

As long as you are up...Can you go let the bird out?

Just caught up on 5 pages of rants and I have nothing to rant about. Except I can't seem to get to any meetings.
YET

I hate having rich beautiful black coffee with slightly nutty aroma beckoning my name at 5:20AM and I CAN'T FIND A DAMN CUP ANYWHERE. I will be bringing a HUGE stash of styrofoam cups to the barn.

Noooooo! If Lydia and I had our way, styrofoam would be banned from the planet.

Noooooo! If Lydia and I had our way, styrofoam would be banned from the planet.
I'll bring my FYETI cup next time so there won't be a problem.

^^or look for the box that says MUGS that is always on the shelf above the coffee pot. ;)

FYETI works too!
We looked for that. Didn't see it until we were actually awake an hour later. You know, probably AFTER somebody put it there. :rolleyes:

I found out this weekend that there is a big difference between a 4 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. The girls just hang around and when you tell them no they usually don't do it. The boys are moving so fast they don't even hear you say anything. So boys hard in the beginning but easy later on. Girls easy but going to be a big mess later in life.

I found out this weekend that there is a big difference between a 4 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. The girls just hang around and when you tell them no they usually don't do it. The boys are moving so fast they don't even hear you say anything. So boys hard in the beginning but easy later on. Girls easy but going to be a big mess later in life.

Truer words have never been spoken

Girls: "Would you stop changing your outfits, this is the forth one for the day and you are creating a lot of laundry"

Boys: "Would you please change your clothes! you have been wearing the same for 3 days!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom